✘ 1.40

My heart covered with white snow
When the morning comes, please make sure it all melts

It was the morning when the girl was awoken from her slumber by her grey kitten frantically scratching her

"Ouch-what, Luna what are you-" Jisoo immediately stopped as soon as she realised how smoke filled her room had become.

Eyes widening, she immediately clambered out of bed and rushed to her bedroom door- ear against it as she tried to strain her hearing in case someone had broken in but she took a deep breath and opened her door.

Jisoo couldn't see anything at first, coming face to face with an overwhelming amount of smoke and through the dusky fog her eyes fell through the banister to the front door which was ablaze with bright raging flames.

"Oh my God," she uttered out, picking up Luna and going back into her room and shutting it as a panic set in. Heart racing against her ribs, dread filling her gut.

"We need to get out, back door." She said, knowing the fire was only by the door and the living room so she could get to the back door unscathed.

Jisoo tried to think clearly as she clutched Luna in her arms- throwing a T-shirt over her to shield her from the smoke as she took a deep breath and began to run down the stairs- the warmth of the blazing merciless orange crackling as it spread up the walls.

She ran, she ran through the kitchen to the back where her sweaty hands gripped onto the doorknob and all sound drowned out by a ringing in her ear and the erratic thumping of her pulse.

A knot in her stomach tightened and her heart dropped when the door wouldn't open. She gripped it more firmly and began frantically rattling it but in return she got no escape.

Her chest seized up in anxiety before she heard a loud laugh from outside the door.
"I hope you burn in hell Aera."

"Aera..." Jisoo whispered out, knowing she was home alone. The desperate girl began banging her hand on the door.

"Please, please get me out! Are you there- please!" She yelled out with fear as she glanced back to see the flames burn with colours she never thought it would- the air thickened as the person outside left.

"No- no come back! Please, please help me!" She shouted out, pushing herself against the door in some way to be furthest from the fire as she could.

Whimpers from the kitten in her arms made the girl burst out into tears, frightened to the core as all she could hear was the fire crackling and the sight of smoke, red and orange.