✘1.52

"Okay but Jisoo you need to help us pick out a paint colour for the house, Jisung wants black

"Okay but Jisoo you need to help us pick out a paint colour for the house, Jisung wants black. But I think a nice light grey would do." Chaerin rambled.

"Are you guys starting to move in?" Jisoo asked, subconsciously glancing at Renjun who was seated next to her, glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose as he busied himself in texting someone.

"We're getting the paint done by some people today and we can move in soon." Donghyuck spoke, leaning back on the comfy sofa seat with his eyes closed. His girlfriend immediately nuzzled into him with her head on his shoulder.

"Did you hear what the college is planning?" Aria spoke up, glancing at her friends who all seemed either puzzled or uninterested.

"They want to hold a Valentine's Day dance for Friday."
"A dance for valentines- why?" Renjun scoffed with humorous intent but underlying distaste as he picked at the loose threads of his hoodie.

Jisoo turned her attention to him.
"Why not, I think it's cute."
The demon turned his head up, casting his stormy brown eyes in the direction of the jovial innocent tainted girl.

"Why?"
"Just...it sounds cute. I've never been to a dance before, it seems magical and a special moment to share with the people around you."

"You've never been to a school dance, like ever?" Chaerin deadpanned in shock and Jisoo nodded.

"I've not done much of what people do here...we're usually all about giving and making others happier that we don't do much for ourselves." She admitted with a sad smile. "I missed out on a lot haven't I?" Jisoo whispered to herself, glancing down at her lap.

"We should go, all of us." Jisung spoke up. "It would be our last day here too."
"But that's three days to find dresses and stuff." Aria groaned, leaning her head back on Donghyuck's shoulder.

"I mean...Aera could probably magic up a dress for Jisoo- we could ask Malika too." Chaerin pointed out.

"Babe, we should match." Chaerin turned to Jisung who rolled his eyes at her enthusiasm but ruffled her hair.
"Okay." He murmured looking at her.

"I'm not going." Renjun stated indifferently.
"Why?" Jisoo inquired and the boy shrugged.
"Valentines day?" His face contorted into disgust. "No thanks, I don't want to be around more couples than I already am." He gave a pointed look to his friends.

"But...it's still a college dance regardless of it being Valentine's Day- it's just a theme you know?"
"Still- College dances aren't my scene. I don't want to go. These things are pointless, plus it's not like I'm going to go with someone."

"Oh." Jisoo replied simply, holding back on her words and Aria watched closely at her crestfallen expression, fiddling with her fingers and shoulders slumped.

There was a tightness in Jisoo's throat, one she couldn't swallow down and a bitter pain clenched at her chest.

She didn't know it hurt so bad, maybe it was because she was becoming too attached to this boy way too quickly or the fact it was becoming harder to ignore her feelings.