100: Tomorrow's Approaching Fast

#TCS100: Tomorrow's Approaching Fast

WHEN we arrived at where we were staying, I was still and quiet. Honoka looked like her soul left his body. Rebel's aura was nothing but dark, and his expression screamed hidden anger. While Akakios had that blank facial expression, there was nothing you could read.

We were greeted by the gang in a merry noise, but the moment their eyes landed on the silent Akakios and his intimidating cold presence, they all went mute. We sat at the massive table in the common area.

Everyone—from the Crowns to my siblings and the Pasaways sat there without questioning what just happened and why we were like this. I couldn't seem to remove that image of terror within my mind.

I knew I witnessed more cruelty than that in the world we lived in; I knew it was supposed to be something that I should be used to; it wasn't the first time—there were worst scenarios than that, but there was a red alarm inside my head with that circumstance.

Those people who were performing in the orchestra—their group—looked so rich. They were part of the higher society, but they experienced that kind of brutality. I could only sink just thinking of what those without power were experiencing.

They were already in paradise, but there was something like that; how about those out of this deceitful city?

"What happened to where you went?" Everyone almost inhaled simultaneously when Akakios said those words. Their hands and eyes quivered a little. Napalingon ako kay Akakios at nakaramdam ako ng kaba at takot.

"We went to the palace for the tour." The eyes of everyone at the table landed at Law when he spoke firmly. "Everything in there screamed richness and power. It appeared simple at first just, you know, surroundings, and exterior where the politics happen in this country."

"There was nothing special, really, 'til the lunch happened," Harper continued what Law was saying.

"Master Gideon instructed us to go to a room, so we secretly separated in the group. And when we arrived at the room after so much trouble not to get caught in anything, we heard some people or higher officials talking and discussing things," pagkukwento ni Law habang blankong nakatitig sa amin.

Harper's shoulders dropped, and she sighed heavily. I saw how her hand clenched into a fist.

"Those bastards..." nanggagalaiting bulong nito, ang mga mata ay nagtutubig sa matinding galit.

"They talk about covering crimes and corruptions, and they..." Natigil ang pagsasalita ni Law no'ng ikuyom nito ang kamao. "They conversed about taking funds from different projects to put it in their pockets."

"Bullshit!" Theon bellowed angrily with what he heard.

"They... even talk about like what if people get suspicious of it? And they laughed like it was nothing and answered that they would just need to kill people off so the mouths that the government feeds would be less." Harper closed her eyes momentarily while stating what they learned earlier.

"They also suggested increasing the taxes to make useless structures and statues, so the view of the palace and the residential areas for the officials will be 'topnotch,' they reasoned out that it was necessary so they could perform better in the Domain. You know for their mental health." Law's eyes burned in disgust, and he was gritting his teeth just by remembering the nonsense they heard earlier.

"Mga hayop!" galit na reaksyon ni Cleon. "Nasisikmura nila 'yon?! They are fucking stealing from people's money!"

"One even asked with a mocking tone: How about the poor? And those bastards just laughed and answered that they are poor because they are lazy, that's why they will remain like that even in their deaths," Harper mentioned with a voice so low and serious. She was furious.