20: The Colours of Deceit (II)

#TCS20: The Colours of Deceit (Part II)

Harper Aurora's POV

I heaved a disappointed sigh when I looked around the place where everyone's rejoicing. It's too early to be happy about this, chaos is yet to come. And sooner or later betrayal will be inevitable.

"Seems like I can trust you for the first round," I turned to see the person who spoke beside me, it's 7th. My left brow automatically arced because of what she said. That's supposed to be my line. Psh.

"Whatever." I told her while rolling my eyes.

I need three plays for me to confirm a theory about this game. I still need 7th 'til I find something out. I wouldn't depend on her; she's suspicious. All the nerves in my precious body's screaming that I shouldn't trust this mädchen.

What if she's gonna let me pass 'til second round then drop me after? Nope. I'm smarter than her. Fooling me won't work. I can catch some micro-expressions with my eyes. I would know immediately if she's lying or not.

But there are risks in seeing those unconscious emotions. I'm still in the process of being used to it. I'm not yet 100% sure about it. I wouldn't really depend on something unsure, but I'll gamble if I need to.

She turned her back on me and showed me her nape. Yep, new colour it is. After three seconds, she faced me.

"Orchid." I said straightforwardly.

"You can drop those shades, you know? It's easier to say violet."

"Nope. It'll be better to confuse you and the people around looking at us to see what we are doing."

"Right." She agreed then went to see mine.

I think the colour I'll have will be in the range of apricot and such. If my theory's right.

"Salamander." I heard her say at my back then proceeded in front of me.

Yeah, Harper, just one more trial you got this. I told myself confidently. "You are not telling a bluff, right?" The moment she landed in front of me, I asked that question.

She chuckled, obviously taken aback. I focused my sight on her unconscious expression, especially her eyes. Nope. She's not lying. For now, good.

Since we already know about the colours at our nape, I decided to see what's happening to other participants. I could feel 7th following me one step behind.

I saw a group of people at one corner. There are 8 people in their group. I could see their defensive stance; that they don't want any outsider from their group. There are also some people—like 7th and I—who formed a two-man group. 10th looked like she found a guy to be with. And to surprise me, there are people who are alone.

I stopped walking around when I saw one guy who looked like a nerd. Crumbled in fear in front of his capsule. I shifted my attention to where his eye direction is, and I saw a huge man who looked like a person who's gonna do nothing good.

"Tangina mo ah! SINUNGALING!" He screamed loudly. I flinched a little because I felt like my eardrums were affected by his yell.

"N-Nagsasabi ako n-ng totoo..." I couldn't quite hear the nerd's response. He nervously forced his capsule to open but it's locked. "L-Layuan mo ako!" He is shaking in fear, his eyes are sweaty, and his knees are curled.

The huge lout did not regard the people watching or the poor guy's plea. The lout aggressively grabbed the nerd's collar and lifted him up easily. I crossed my arms because of the interesting scene unfolding before my eyes.