53: A Curse From Long Ago

Last.

***

#TCS53: A Curse from Long Ago

"Laurent... Laurent... Laurent... please..." Halos maghingalo at gumapang ako para lang makalapit sa kanya. Kakaibang sakit ang pumihit sa puso at tyan ko. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin at iisipin. Para akong namatay rin sa nakita ko. Para akong mababaliw sa matinding sakit.

There was no sound. It was fully quiet when he dropped on the floor. I went to him, and embraced him. I couldn't even utter anything. Everything was just breaking my heart. Nothing could amount to the pain I was feeling in this moment.

I hugged him. Begged him. Cried to him. But he was coughing blood, trying to wipe my tears with his one last strength. The smile he had never left his lips. Mas nasasaktan ako sa nakitang 'yun.

"I love you, and our little one, please take care of him..."

He whispered near my ear, so weak, so soft, so gentle... like it was his dying wish. At nang banggitin n'ya 'yun, hindi ko na narinig ang paghinga n'ya. He just suddenly became heavier, and my world crumbled down to pieces.

"Laurentius!" I cried, and mourned.

I hugged his lifeless body, and I was shaking so bad from everything. I held his face. I caressed it. Like it was going to make him come back to me. Like it was going to take away all my pain. I kissed him repeatedly. Wanting him to wake up like he used to...

Pero... walang nangyari.

"Mga walanghiya kayo!" I bellowed in agony, fury, and pain.

Everyone was alarmed when even the whole sky darkened, but the moon remained seen, and stronger than before.

My sight felt like it blackened.

"Magbabayad kayo. Lahat ng ginawa n'yo may kapalit." Mariing saad ko at masama ang tingin kay Abelard. I saw him gulped with my seriousness. I never left his gaze. His knees slowly shook, and it felt like everyone's knees slowly weakened with my presence and anger.

Napasinghap ako at nahugot ang hininga. Pakiramdam ko may sumapi sa akin. Pakiramdam ko kakaibang galit ang sumiklab sa damdamin ko. The air become eerie and powerful. But only I was not affected by it.

I laughed evilly. "Are you happy? Are you satisfied? Is stealing Eviralle not enough?" I sharply gazed at Abelard. I could even see how cold sweats started to form, and on how his lips trembled. My dark—almost black empty abyss eyes reflected on his glance.

"Do you think you succeeded? Do you think no one witnessed every single thing your family have done?" Lahat nang nandito ay natahimik at kakaibang kilabot ang bumalot sa paligid.

I laughed at Abelard. He was slowly lowering himself, almost kneeling, afraid for his life.

"That night when you killed the innocent, when you shed the blood of the rightful owner, and when your greed became the sword of justice... someone was watching." Nakita kong napaluhod na 'to nang tuluyan at nanginginig ang mga kamay at katawan.

"The sun and the moon saw everything..." I whispered, but it was dead quiet that I knew they all heard it. "And one day... when they collide. You will be on your knees, paying for the sins, paying for the deaths, and paying for the tears that you owe."

"A sword will be pierced in you, by the hands of your own child, and your child would also be impaled by the sword that will be used against you."

His eyes widened, full of terror. I smiled at him lazily. I titled my head. "I swear this on the death of my beloved. The cursed will be placed upon you."