49: Writing Their Own Fate

Hi, crowns! Good morning. I hope you have a great day. Thank you so much for everything.

Comments are highly appreciated, please so leave some! Thank you so much. Always take care! 🤍✨

***

#TCS49: Writing Their Own Fate

Akakios Laurentius' POV

Lolo gave some clothes then guided me to change in one of the mansion rooms. My forehead knotted with what he gave me. I wanted to ask him more queries, but he closed the door on me. I only shook my head a little and sighed. Nagpunta ako ng banyo para magpalit. I winced a little because I felt pain all over my body.

I really received too much damage from where Silhoue came. Parang sumakit ang ulo ko sa pag-iisip na pumupunta ro'n si Silhoue. Paano kapag napahamak s'ya? Sino magtatanggol sa kanya? I hissed in pain. I couldn't ask Lolo to do it for me, that would also put his life in danger. I don't want people putting their lives on the line for me.

But I also don't want to harm others. I shook my head, and sighed repeatedly. I looked at my reflection on the mirror. My eyes that had always been darker than the night sky, looked more conflicted than before. Napahimalos na lang ako at saka nagsuot ng ibinigay ni Lolo.

When I turned my back on the mirror to wear the white polo he gave, I noticed the huge scar on my back, that seemed like the roman numeral number one. Then it was like crossed out in a huge X. This was the first scar I ever had. It was there since I was growing up and starting to think on my own.

I asked Lolo several times why I had that when all his lectures were consists of me, not supposed to have any scars or even wounds. He only said it was my mark.

Naglagay ako ng ilang ointment at first aid sa mga sugat ko. Hindi kasi pwedeng mag-iwan ng marka 'yun o kahit ano. Ayaw kong mapahamak si Silhoue dahil sa bagay na 'to. I don't get why I am not allowed to have those, that it is a sin to have those. Hopefully, once I follow Lolo's guide, he'd be able to answer all the questions I have.

When I finished changing clothes, I went out. The empty white room welcomed me. It was only consisting of bed, carpet, side table, and lights. And that was it. It was maintained so minimally. Nang walang magawa, lumabas ako ng kwarto. I went down to the huge dining area and I saw Lolo and Isolde discussing something in there.

"Alas," Lolo greeted with a smile, I returned it.

Isolde bowed with full of respect, though I felt her nerves being so tensed around me.

"Lolo," I called softly, he signalled me to go near him. Isolde excused herself, her gaze was just on the floor, and she went out of there, in a disciplined bow. I smiled sadly. I just wanted her to act comfortably around me, but I know it'd be too much to ask. I just remained quiet. I don't want to burden her, and treat my words like it was all command.

"What do you need?" Lolo sipped on his tea.

"Can we go to Silhoue? Kahit po ngayong umaga lang. Gusto ko lang po talagang magpaalam nang maayos," bulong ko kay Lolo. It wouldn't make my heart at ease, knowing I'd just disappear from her.

Maguguluhan si Silhoue. Hindi maganda ang bagay na 'yun. Dapat kapag kailangan umalis, nagpapaalam, para hindi naiiwan ang isa na naguguluhan.

To become worthy of her, I didn't want her to think I was abandoning her. I just wanted a talk. That's all. And after that, I'd really obey my Lolo more.

"We can't do that; it's going to get more dangerous." Lolo shook his head slowly. My heart hurt. Para akong binagsakan ng langit at lupa.

"Please po?" I looked at him with full plead.