97: From 1 to 18, I'd Celebrate It With You

#TCS97: From 1 to 18, I'd Celebrate It With You

Gaebryelle's POV

"STAY here for a moment and slowly follow the path that we created for you." Ate Miracle held my hand and smiled lovingly while caressing my face using her other hand. My eyes glimmered with confusion because of what she stated, but she slowly removed her hand from me.

"I hope you'll enjoy this night," Kuya Batas mentioned with a smile.

"Happiest Birthday, bunso." The cold breeze touched my skin while Kuya Hustisya's word kept me warm and protected.

"We'll do all the things that you wish for, and sorry, it took so long." The gentle chuckle that Kuya Himagsik released was so sincere and it added some anticipation in my heart. They all took a step back from me after, and my forehead knotted automatically.

Where are they going?

Momo and Dada hugged me together and kissed the top of my head. "Momo will always try to make it up to you, love." I blinked several times because something pooled inside my eyes, hearing Momo's voice was like a knock of hurt and love at the same time. It sounded so vulnerable and weak.

"See you, Fate," whispered Dada and slowly marched towards Ate, Kuyas, Luna and Alas. They were smiling and waving their hands at me. I wanted to ask so many questions and my head was filled with confusion but their backs were going further away from me.

When they slowly became blurred in my vision, I looked at the surrounding and my feet. The white sand felt so soft under me. There were lighted candles that formed a pathway. Napalunok ako kasi ang gandang tingnan no'n. Add the rose petals that were being blown by the wind a little.

I couldn't help but chuckle, what were they planning now? I pouted and crossed my arms, they should have included me! I was the celebrant, and they'd get good ideas from me!

But wait, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore if I was part of it. Oh, geez.

Pero mas bongga pa rin kapag kasali ako, pwede kaming gumawa ng play, or some kind of movie acts! That'd be so awesome, but kidding aside, I was over those things, I just really wanted to be with Momo and Dada.

And it already came true? What more could I wish for?

I heaved a huge amount of air and clasped my hands together. I closed my eyes and wished for our happiness. Then when I gathered enough courage, I removed the sandals that I was wearing and let my feet felt the raw sand.

It was so good to feel, like it was comforting me. I remembered when I was a child how I used to run in the sand. Whether to cry or to just escape the sadness and hole inside my heart. The sand that always been with me when no one even looked at me with gaze of love.

I ambled unhurriedly as my feet left some print, and the rose petals dancing on my way. The candles gave different colours because of the glasses that enclosed it. It was so cute! Those looked like fairies guiding my way.

Even though I was alone, it was still warm because it reminded me that in the end of this path, someone would be waiting for me and for that I would never be tired of walking just to get there. Magkasugat man, madapa man, o mapagod man.

While walking up to the middle part there was a soft classical music playing that I heard, I chuckled softly alone and twirled like a child. I excitedly strode faster, and then suddenly, I could hear the faint sound of fire burning the wood, and peals of laughter that sounded so gentle and was floating in the wind.

Then when I peeked at the edge of the path, I saw them. I saw the people that made me happy.

But I was confused because some people were missing. Lumabas ako sa pinagtataguan ko at nanlaki ang mga mata ni Tita Dyosa no'ng makita n'ya ako. But she waved her hands excitedly. "Oy! Nandito na si Gabby! Ready na bilis!" sigaw naman ni Tito Gwapo. They were both standing and goofing around each other.