16 | TRUTH OR LIE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
'truth or lie'

It was finally the weekend, but weren't relaxed. Unfortunately.

Later today, you were going to the highly secured Tartarus prison where the worst of the worst villains were being held.

On the outside, you weren't shaking in your boots. Internally, you were just nervous to step inside. It was a miracle that Aizawa and Principal Nezu even allowed you to go. No backing out now.

"It is what it is," you said to yourself in the mirror. You were dressed in your hero costume and not your uniform, for obvious reasons.

"What is it, momma?" Katsuro yawned as he sat up, looking at you. "Where are you going? Good morning..."

"Hey, little man," you walked over and picked him up to the bathroom. "I'm going to see and talk to some people today, I'll be back by tonight."

"Will I be with dad?" He asked. Katsuro took his toothbrush and toothpaste and brushed his teeth slowly.

"Yes— I hope so anyway..." you tied your hair up so that it was out of your face. "We'll watch movies again when I come back, okay?"

He nodded happily and rinsed his mouth. "I'll go to dad's room now," he hopped off of his stool and waddled to the door to open it and make his way to Bakugou's room.

You turned to check the clock. Six-thirty. You groaned and realised you could've had at least another half an hour's worth of sleep.

You heard a door open and then close from the opposite of the hallways and assumed it was Bakugou dad opening the door for his Bakugou son.

"Tch. Why didn't you just stay with me yesterday, firecracker."

You heard what he said and smiled to yourself. "Such a softie."

Closing your door and going down the stairs while it was empty was new for you since you were one of the students who liked to sleep in and risk being late. Iida didn't approve, but he'd let it slide. Sometimes.

You saw Aizawa wait outside in his hero costume with Mirio in his regular clothes. You waved and made your way into the van with your upperclassman sliding the door open for you.

"Thank you, Lemillion."

"You're welcome, Epochary."

"Are you not going to thank me for getting this vehicle for the both of you?"

"Ah... sorry. Thank you Aizawa-sensei."

When the three of you arrived on the island where Tartarus was located, everyone excluding the driver made their way inside.

You were greeted with many armoured security guards. They stared you down but you didn't falter. After all, you weren't here to get intimidated. You had also practiced your questions to Shoto yesterday to see if they made sense.

You would hate to get asked by a villain to repeat yourself because they couldn't answer your question. The embarrassment would haunt you.