85 | FIRST DATE, PART ONE

CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE
'first date, part one'

"I'll pick you up after your meeting," Katsuki said, his back turned to you as he walked into the busy city.

Today marked the second day he went to the Hero Public Safety Commission building. The last time he was here, it didn't go well.

Security guards stationed at the door recognised him and did not react well when you brought him in. You ended up touching their arms when they approached so they'd pause and let you talk to him in peace.

"This'll only take an hour-ish. Don't be late."

"When am I ever late, idiot?"

"To breakfast one time when you were still on your jog."

"Bye."

You laughed and then deactivated your quirk on the guards. Surely that was legal, right?

Getting into the elevator, you pondered while staring at nothing specific. When you would normally be given tasks to do by the President, she would pass it onto Hawks to then pass to you or send a message through on the communication device on your visors.

When the door opened again, you walked down the same corridor that had the same smell.

You'd think a wealthy woman like her would invest in something citrus for a change instead of the usual lavender.

"Take a seat, Epochary," she said to you, files and drinks already prepared on the coffee table. "I'm sure you'd want this to be a quick meeting."

"Yeah." You glanced to the table, noticing how freakishly organised it was compared to last time.

The stillness was eerie. "I didn't put medicine or enhancement drugs in your drink or anything."

Ah. Cool.

Hawks flew into the room a few short seconds after, plopping next to you with a sign. "That was a long flight, the flight attendant didn't even offer any peanuts that weren't on trees."

"Do they even grow on trees?" You shook your head, keeping your giggles inside your head. "That joke was lame."

"Gee. Thanks, partner." Hawks threw his backside on the seat beside you, the front legs of the sofa lifting with the impact. "Long time no see."

"Sure, sure," you and Hawks turned towards the unimpressed woman. "Get this meeting over with now, I guess."

"I'm aware through your messages about your work and I just wanted you to know that you must do everything to protect everyone in our society."

This was... unexpected.

Her message to you made it seem like there was a hidden meaning to it, so you pressed a few questions to her. Your visors were in your bag, the Liberation Army couldn't hear what you were saying without them.

Hawks on the other hand— he's still got those small devices all over his wings. There would be no difference in what they were hearing through those devices.