71 | RETURNS

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
'returns'

future.

The villain. They got away.

He saw her face, a faint outline.

She managed to break an entire city, property that cannot be restored or searched. There was barely anything left to see.

Katsuki was the only one conscious.

He saw you, paralysed by the collapsed bricks and wooden scaffolding and his breathing stilled.

"[name]..." he breathed out, his first steps slow then gradually speeding up to reach you. His knees skidded on the floor, his thighs becoming a pillow for you bleeding head. His red eyes also caught onto your final gesture, an arm covering your stomach. "Fuck.. fuck... no..."

Tears started to form in the corners of his eyes even if he did his very best to stop it. He felt light headed, dazed and dizzy.

Images flashed through his head like a reel of film.

You saved him.
You healed his wounds.
You pushed him to the side.
You said the final I love you.

He began to notice the fading of your beings, your bodies dissipating into the air. Katsuki slipped on the ring he was meant to give you after you and him won this battle with victory. It hurt him. So much.

"You would've said yes, wouldn't you?"

He wanted to hear your voice, feel your touch, see your smile.

But the one left on your lifeless body was the one he remembered. And it stuck.

"I love you."

No reply. He was just sat where he last saw you after all. Dynamight snapped out of his thoughts, the sight of only green, purple and yellow flowers now that he was alive decorated the remains of the area.

He thought he was alone. He was too distracted to notice someone had sat next to him. That person was his mom.

Mitsuki leant her head onto her son's shoulder. "Katsuki. You can't keep going here every day and skip your work. You're a mess."

"I know," he said, staring at the flower he had in his hand. "I just... ugh. I don't know. I don't know how to focus on things. You all got time to get used to everything while I'm still living like it was October."

As a mother, Mitsuki was heartbroken. She didn't know what to do. She has thoughts her not being the best mother she thought she could be. She was strict to build up the strong walls for her family. That was how she was taught.

But Mitsuki realised that that wasn't the best thing to do a long time ago because now, her son found it difficult to open up and didn't tell her about his struggles leading to where he was now— That was until you showed up and she couldn't be anymore thankful.

Mitsuki found out the other day that the two of you got together sooner than before the whole déjà vu thing. She got to see the reason why Katsuki missed you more. You were with him all that time and you just being taken away must've left a big hole in his life.