35 | FESTIVAL, PART ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
'festival, part one'

When you were little, you would see your parents as the perfect pair, that nothing went wrong in their relationship. It would seem as though they were the perfect fairytale couple.

But what could a five-year-old understand in the world of adults?

Nothing.

"Hey, mom?" You spoke, trying to gain her attention away from her work. You were sat on the floor, fiddling with the remote of the tv.

The woman looked at you, hair and eyes the same colour and shade. She didn't wear glasses like your father, wasn't as reserved as him either.

"Yes dear?"

She was a scientist. That's what she told you she was and that's all you could remember about her job. She would constantly get interviewed because of her work, popularity, etcetera. This was one of the reasons why the press would come up to you often.

"Can we visit your work again today?"

Your mom spent a lot of time with you, especially when your dad was working. You be so glad she would take you to her work with the heroes and other scientists, seeing everything happing from the front seat.

"Of course, we can train your quirk too."

When the day came that she left you and Sir Nighteye, he would work during days and nights, not spending as much time with you for what felt like months.

"Mom, why is my quirk so— so— weak..."

It was because you looked like her.
That was all you had to remember her by.
She didn't leave you anything.
Not even her intelligence was passed down to you. You cursed her for that.

"It's unfair that your drawbacks affect everyone, my dear daughter. Be stronger."

But eventually, Sir Nighteye gained back his composure and made up for the time he missed out with you. At the age of six, he told you that she wouldn't be coming back, that she was gone for good and that you shouldn't be looking for her.
Why would you?

She left. There was nothing more to it. Full stop.

You grew up to fast as you were tangled between the invisible strain and toxicity that connected your parents. You didn't understand what he said back then. But now, you treasured what meant most to you more than ever: Time. How fitting.

You want to spend all the time in the world with your family, friends and doing everything wanted to do.

You would constantly spend hours in festivals when you were younger, traditional to modern to school ones, you'd love them all.
However, your dad was busy with work with your Uncle Might. This resulted in you always going with the Todoroki siblings, eventually starting your close relationship with Shoto.

The festival UA was hosting would definitely be one of your top three. Now you just had to enjoy it.