44 | USELESS HERO

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
'useless hero'

Bakugou was stood in front of the tv along with his classmates. He was with Katsuro, who was staring at the screen with watery eyes.

"Momma isn't ready yet!" He wailed, clutching onto his dad's hand. "Dad! Momma is gonna get hurt! She isn't ready to fight those bad guys yet!"

Bakugou made no move to respond. You had just hung up on his call after he had spoken to you. His face went pale as he watched you and the number two hero run up to the Nomus that were attacking everyone and everything.

Kaminari had opened a laptop on a different news channel, seeing you on it as the camera on the tv went onto Endeavour. "Here. She's right there. Another channel is recording her and Hawks."

Katsuro ran to his uncle, climbing onto his lap as he wiped his blurry eyes to continue to watch you. Bakugou followed, sitting by the two on the sofa with your classmates watching too.

He saw you jump out of the window with a girl, saving her before the building collapsed. Bakugou didn't care much about anyone until now. For once he was nervous for someone else. For you.

Behind them, Shoto, Aizawa and Midoriya were standing next to each other, heads tilted upwards to the bigger screen. Shoto constantly watching his father while glancing at the laptop to watch you fight as well.

"Don't worry. They're both strong," Midoriya reassured, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder. He knew you and Shoto were childhood friends, he also knew that he cared for his father deep down despite what happened between them. "They've got this."

Aizawa looked at Katsuro, paying attention to what he was saying. 'She's not ready yet.' He didn't know what he meant, only feeling worried for you. He knew the extents of your quirk, everyone did for that matter.

Your quirk, 'pause', doesn't work well against abiotic things such as debris or any other particles. That was a part of your training with Shoto currently. The Nomus weren't living to an extent, meaning your quirk was less effective in suddenly stopping them like it did with people or animals.

"How many seconds did she have on her costume? I had a device on there attached so she doesn't have to count in her head during fights," Aizawa asked.

Kirishima shook his head, blinking as he thought back up to the closeup you just had on camera. "Around thirty seconds I think, maybe more... You don't think she'll overuse it?"

"It's possible," Shoto mumbled. "[name]... Father... I'm watching you."

Katsuro climbed onto Bakugou, hiding his face in his blond hair, "Momma will need more time against the bad guys... But Momma, Mister Endeavour and Mister Hawks will win..."

"Go [name]-chan!" The girls said for you, huddling together. "She can do this."

"Tch. They better," Bakugou said under his breath. He bit the inside of his lip, leg bouncing up and down as he watched you protecting others except yourself. "You better come back to us, dumbass..."

You ran towards the pale green monster, sliding along the concrete and through its legs.