54 | EYESIGHT

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
'eyesight'

some spoilers from manga chapter 217

Bakugou wasn't one for lying.

In fact, he hated it when he lied and especially hated it when someone else did it, too. He's probably established that to everyone around him including you by now. He liked to tell everything to everyone in facts, with no filter: 'tell it to people straight'.

But a secret wasn't a lie. Right?

If you asked and he denied when the truth was the opposite, then he would be ashamed of himself. However, if you never asked, that wouldn't count as lying, would it?

Finding a loophole in 'honesty' to protect someone he holds in a soft spot in his heart was something he'd do.

So when he sat in front of All Might, he wondered why he didn't do the same.

He was sat before him and on the opposite end of the couch to Midoriya in the teachers lounge. The silence was evident following the conversation former number one had with them to discuss what you had asked him hours earlier after they had talked about the successors of One for All.

"What did you tell purple-eyes after?" Bakugou grumbled angrily, leaning back deeper into the couch. "Did you actually tell her about it?"

All Might looked towards his hands with an unreadable face. Bakugou clenched his fist, bringing it up and swinging back down onto the arm of the seat, a small puff of dust rising and fading as he did so.

Midoriya placed his cup back down onto the coffee table. "You did, didn't you, All Might?"

"I couldn't lie, Young Bakugou, Young Midoriya. Not after everything that has happened to her. After I answered, she only nodded and walked away."

"But doesn't knowing this put her more at risk?" Bakugou questioned, groaning as he tilted his head back. "Doesn't that put firecracker at risk too because we, his parents, both know?"

"Since Katsuro-kun is from the future, shouldn't he already know about it? Actually, shouldn't he know way more than we do on what happens?"

"We can't rely on him much, Mi— Sir Nighteye didn't use his quirk to see that far in the future and I advised very Young Bakugou not to tell us much unless he's trying to change something."

"So putting her in Deku's group had significance, didn't it?" Bakugou asked, running his hand down his face and planning them onto his lap. "If she wasn't there, this idiot could've done worse and she wouldn't have known about One for All."

"You could be correct."

Bakugou looked back ahead of him to the hero he idolises then to the notebook on the table. "Dammit! Isn't she already in danger by doing whatever crap she does in that commission? I don't even know what the dumb programme is called!"

"Is that what she told you, Kacchan?" Midoriya asked nervously, opening another one of his notebooks to your double page. "I wrote down everything she says and it's like she's interning with them like how we intern with pros."

With a twitching eye, he turned his head to the green-haired boy. "What? She's interning already after what happened to her old man? It's been like, what? A little less than two months? Are we even interning after the shit that happened?"