99 | THE FUTURE FIRECRACKER

CHAPTER NINETY-NINE
'the future firecracker'

Katsuro was discharged from the hospital, the nurses already recognising who he was and followed what he wanted of leaving him alone for a bit.

They gave him some money to get on a bus to get home, but he realised he didn't need to get that far and gave it back, telling them to spend it on snacks for their hard work.

His heart pounded in his ear.

One of the staff told him what happened here before he arrived.

He felt as though he could cry again and again.

Actually, he was crying still.

He got up from the hospital bed, all cleaned up and bandaged with a giant plaster over the side of his chin and walked out of the door, leaving the empty hospital room.

His palms were sweaty.

He plunged them into his pockets before he could let out a small explosion.

Thanks dad, he thought.

Katsuro looked up at the patient list on his toes, the radio on the counter.

You were on there. God, news did travel fast.

It was bystanders talking about you and Katsuki, wondering if it was actually you who left Dynamight's car.

His hands shook and before deciding to enter the recovery room you were in.

He saw his family name written on it.

Bold marker, he couldn't get it mistaken.

Then he heard a little pop from his pockets.

"Are you serious?" He muttered to himself.

Katsuro took one deep inhale and one long exhale.

He wiped the tears from his face and decided enough was enough. His feet moved before he could comprehend.

He so badly wanted to see you.
To see his dad.
To see his new sibling.

Katsuro missed you all so very much that his heart turned to glass because he was so sensitive. He was going to burst into tears when the door opened.

At first, he knocked but no one would've heard he did.

He paced back and forth.

What if it wasn't you behind the door?

What if this was all one of his shit visions from the future as a punishment for messing with time?

What if this was all a dream?

"Hey, little man."

He instantly looked from his palms. He was shaking.

Little man. That voice.