70 | WIN TO SAVE

CHAPTER SEVENTY
'win to save'

a/n: heads up... i'm following the canon plot, meaning we don't see op, ofa katsuki :,)

future.

Katsuro woke up in his room to a loud scream then a muffled sound of an explosion. He sat up, rubbed his [e/c] eyes and tossed the blanket to the side.

It was another night where his dad couldn't sleep.
It hurts to hear it just next door.

Like previous nights, he silently slipped on his slippers and wrapped himself in your jacket he kept in his room from when you were still in U.A.

He walked through the hallway of the house meant for three, he didn't go straight past a significant picture. He stopped to look at it again. Katsuro stifled a sniffle, pressing four of his small fingers against his lips and kissed them to place it on the picture. It was a picture of you, him and Katsuki. He missed you so much.

Katsuro then quietly stepped to his parent's room, not bothering to knock as his dad always left the door open for him ever since he returned.

He peered through the crack between the door and the frame, lips quivering at the sight of his dad sat up on his bed, knees tucked into his chest, whimpering quietly.

"Dad?" He said, hesitantly approaching him. He stopped at the foot of the bed.

Katsuki, wanting to appear strong to his child, wiped his eyes quickly, smiling at his boy and patted the space next to him. "Did I wake you up again, 'tsuro?"

He nodded his head a little, snuggling into his dad's side. "Yeah, but it's okay. Are you sad again, Dad?"

"I'm fine," Katsuki replied, brushing the matching unruly blond hair his son had on his head.

Katsuro frowned, shaking his head with an empty, lacklustre smile. "You lie. You're the best dad," he says, hugging him. "But you lie. You're not okay."

When Katsuki blinked the tears that threatened to fall fell onto the jacket his son had around his shoulders. All he could feel was that he was utterly pathetic. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It's not your fault. We will get momma back. I want her to see me grown up into a hero."

"Kirishima! Todoroki!" Katsuki shouted, stepping quickly down the stairs as the sun rose. "Where's my son?"

The two men turned around from the kitchen island, confused. "What do you mean?" Shoto asked, placing his glass down. "He said he was training with you."

Katsuki ran his hands through his hair, widening his eyes and looked to the calendar. He remembered what Katsuro said to him. "No no no!" Sprinting back up the stairs, skipping a few steps, he opened his son's room, disappointed when he found it unlocked and empty. "Katsuro? Dammit are you hiding?" He stepped over the scattered clothes, the strewn toys and pencils and reached the desk, lifting a letter addressed to him.

If it was audible, you'd hear Katsuki's heart shatter like glass.

Dear Dad,