62 | THE POCKET WATCH

Part three of 'the future firecracker' will go into the Heroes Rising movie and then the rest of the manga, so further spoiler warning!

i hope you like the story so far!
possible number of chapters left -> 30-40

moving on...

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
'the pocket watch'

After everything good that happens, made it more obvious to Class 1-A that happy moments weren't meant to last. Especially to Katsuki.

Everything was occurring all at once, almost telling him straight up that he can't stay happy for long.

It made him think about if it was punishment for being an egotistical bully in the past or maybe it was just the reality of being a hero suddenly revealed.

When you're a hero, you can't be selfish.

It's an unspoken mentality, explaining that you can't save the ones you love if it's going to benefit more people if you let them go.

No matter how much he wanted you safe, he can't stop you because you were changing for the safety of everyone else.

Yesterday, once your back was turned away from him and the bodyguards stood by the door, Pause wore off.

Even hours and hours later, his hands still trailed up to wipe the tears he didn't know were forming.
It kept hitting him that he felt like he was weak, he failed to save you even if you said you were going to save more people after your quirk enhancement.

After you told him briefly about your mother, after knowing what the chips would do, he remembered that he promised himself he wanted to help you from returning to something you have been trying to get away from for years.

He never told you that, though.
But if he did, would that have changed anything?

Katsuro sent him there to see you, not stop you.
Was that a goodbye to you as well?

He couldn't open up to his parents or anyone in the class like he did to you. From the darkness of his inner thoughts, who would help him when you and his son are out of reach?

You were someone who he found home with.
And it was taken away.

It just hurt.
It made him exhausted.
It just broke him.