92 | VIGILANTES

CHAPTER NINETY-TWO
'vigilantes'

For the hours where Katsuro was awake, he quickly became friends— if he could call it that— with Twice and Toga.

They both managed to find something to keep them from being bored and that happened to be boxes upon boxes of used, but complete board games.

Katsuro didn't have much knowledge of board games because most of them were digitalised in the future and the two sitting on the other side taught him how to play.

They didn't even cheat. They wanted to win fair in this game because that was where the fun was.

"Snakes and Ladders? Did you like it when you were younger, Twice-san?" Katsuro asked, rolling his dice excitedly. "It's really fun. I like it."

"I like it," he said, rolling the dice for his turn and then moving his counter up a few boxes. "I also hate it. I don't like losing, but it's fun to play with friends. So, unsure."

Minutes later, Twice one for the third time, laughed egotistically and then apologised for being rude about it.

Katsuro didn't get mad or sour, he actually clapped and wanted to play some more games to see if he could find one he could win in.

"Not chess," he and Twice said.

As Toga rummaged for more games, Hawks walked into the room and said his greetings to all the villains. He stopped in his tracks once he saw Katsuro on the other side of the room.

He walked over when the villains were distracted and sat down on the floor. "Woah. Didn't expect to see you here."

"I did," he said back in a 'matter of fact' tone. "Where's my mom?"

"She's here too?"

"She isn't?"

"I don't know, kiddo," Hawks slipped a juice box with All Might's face on it through the hole and smiled. "I'll find out for you if you'd like."

Katsuro shook his head. "It's okay. Besides, she's too strong right now..."

Ultimate plan part three? Is it a tick?

Another person entered the large room. Skeptic and Re-Destro looked around and inspected the room they gave and were surprised to see it clean.

"Epochary just left with Dabi," Skeptic announced. "They want to see him next."

Hawks looked over from the table. "Where are they going? He's the only one who knows how to get there without the gooey things coming out of your mouths."

Re-Destro came towards Hawks in his seat. "They're on a special mission to determine the odds for the fight."

Katsuro locked eyes with the number two hero. He began crying for himself. "Wait! Twice! We are friends... please help me from her. I don't want to go back! She's mean and she hurts me..."

Twice sandwiched Katsuro's hands between his and patted the top slowly. "I can be there. Friends help. But we are not allowed to. Toga can convince her, right? Maybe."

"But I don't want to see that hag."

"I'll be there too, kid," Hawks said, watching the villains unlock his cage-like side to the room. "If I see it get worse, I'll stop it."

Katsuro was lead out and he walked with Twice, Toga and Skeptic. "You didn't think Mom's was bad. How do I know that you'll know that it's bad for me?"

The blond hero shrugged. "It was contracted. I didn't know either."

"She's only a kid. Just like me. Still growing and still scared. Please find her. I want to hug her and Dad again. That is why I'm still here."