42 | ENDEAVOUR-SAN & HAWKS

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
'endeavour-san & hawks'

"[name], this is the Todoroki household," your dad said, guiding a four-year-old you in front of his legs so you could come face to face with a boy. "This is Todoroki Shoto."

"To-do-oki... Sho-do..." you struggled to say, gripping onto Sir Nighteye's slacks. "Sho-to.."

There was another man in front of your dad, he was very tall and very scary to you. Your dad told you that he was Endeavour, Shoto's father. He held Shoto's small arms and brought him in from of you.

"Shoto," Endeavour said, "This is Sasaki [name]. She's going to be your friend and training partner."

It was your first time meeting a boy. When you walked up to him, you covered one side, then the other. "Hair is red and blank..."

"White, my daughter. Not blank," Nighteye corrected, softly patting your head. "Be nice to him while you stay here today, okay?"

You nodded "yes, dad". Then, you held onto his cheeks, he flinched but you continued to look at him. "Eye is blue and gr-ey..."

Shoto's hands went over yours, he stared at your features too. "Friend... [na-me]... hi."

"Hi..."

Endeavour looked at the both of you, then to your dad. "So on the days you have work, you will send your daughter to us?"

"Yes. I hope you don't mind," your dad replied, putting your bag on your shoulders as he talked. "My wife is busy lately and I want [name] away from the lab as much as possible. They're both persistent."

"Persistent is good. Has she received her quirk?"

"Is that all you ask?" He chuckled, pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. Endeavour shrugged. "[m/n]'s research says she's going to receive it later than usual. It's a time quirk."

"Interesting. Well, I'll see you later, Mirai."

"Don't overwork them, Enji."

Boomboom Firework
[09:58]

Momma! I see you on TV!

Stay watching bub
I gotta go, I'll text you soon!
I love you!

I love you too Momma 😁
[seen]

You turned your phone off, putting in in the small bag on your belt. Once you, Bubble Girl and Centipeder got out of the car, the two adults stood on either side of you, resulting in you in the centre.

Cameras flashed in your eyes as you walked down the rolled carpet. You blocked the photographers with your right hand and waved a little to them using your left.

Bubble Girl leaned to your ear, "you have to answer a few questions when we reach that backdrop with all of the sponsors and logos. Keep a smile on your face and good luck."

You nodded and walked there with the two of them. Centipeder was pulled away to be asked a few questions about the agency as well as Bubble Girl. Left alone to deal with the press, you walked up to the mic of a reporter who looked at you hopefully.