41 | KATSURO'S QUIRK, PART TWO

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
'katsuro's quirk, part two'

You held Katsuro in your arms while looking up, staring at the boy in front of you. "Bakugou—"

Said boy turned the other way, his back towards you as he walked outside the training hall without a word.

Aizawa stood there wanting to say something.
He witnessed you and Bakugou suffer because you both couldn't do anything to help Katsuro just then. He didn't know what that would feel like; the bond parents have with a child is similar to a teacher with a student. But he struggled to give you advice this time.

Aizawa walked up to you, gathering his scarf along the way and placed a comforting hand on your shoulder. "Get some sleep, well done for doing that."

You nodded, putting a small plaster with the word 'hero' where Katsuro had his quirk injected.

Aizawa gave you a key to lock up the front entrance of the hall as he went through the back door, giving you a few short moments alone before returning to your dorms. You used the chair to stabilise yourself, being careful not to wake Katsuro up. You then put the chair back using your free hand on the way to the exit.

Once you were outside, you were expecting Bakugou to be there, waiting for the both of you.

He wasn't in sight.

You expected this, ish. Still, you wished he was here.

After locking the door, you started to walk back. You felt the small exhales coming from Katsuro's small button nose resting on your shoulder, relieving some of your worries.

The moment you let everything slip your mind for only a split second; a memory flashed in your head as you looked down at your child.

You chuckled solemnly, running a hand through your hair as you let a final tear fall on your cheek.

Is this what you felt with me, Mom?

Bakugou stood at the rooftop, leaning against the bannister like he usually did when he was alone.

He saw you carrying Katsuro towards the porch, another set of footsteps coming from under him. He was quiet, eavesdropping on the conversation you were having with—

"Shoto?" He heard you say tiredly. "What are you doing up so late?"

Then he saw the boy you were talking to, his red and white hair waving to him in mockery by the October breeze.

Of course it would be him he thought, scoffing.

Bakugou knew he was supposed to be down there instead of him, but he couldn't face you. He saw Shoto take his son in his arms, cradling him like he was supposed to. He was furthermore disappointed himself as he stayed and listened.

"[name], I was waiting for you so we could train. But you weren't outside your room, so I waited."

"Oh shoot, I'm so sorry... I had to—"

"It's fine, just get inside. It's cold."

Then you both disappeared, your soft voice getting closer to silence.