80 | KATSURO'S BIRTHDAY

CHAPTER EIGHTY
'katsuro's birthday'

two weeks ago.

Best believe that when Katsuki walked back into the dorms with your hand in his, Katsuro was extremely relieved at the sight.

Katsuro looked in Katsuki's direction, not blinking as if he were to ask the question, are you both okay now?

His dad nodded. Katsuro smiled and jumped over Iida's legs and the back of the seats. He landed on his four limbs to quickly crawl and eventually run to his parents. He giggled and hugged your and Katsuki's legs.

"You are smiling together again!"

Mineta and Kaminari looked from the beanbags. "Kacchan doesn't smile unless he's with [name]-chan or planning to kill someone," Kaminari joked, then shivered from a glare. "I'm kidding... kinda."

Katsuki tsk-ed, wrapping his arm around your shoulders and picking Katsuro up, the three of you went to his room for much needed family time.

There, Katsuro picked out a movie for him to watch and one of his dad's comics to read. Meanwhile, Katsuki took the book you gave him last week, still in peak condition and not ruined by the stuffed clothes in his bag.

Your boyfriend laid himself between your legs and his leg hung off the bed, Katsuro sat between his dad's calves on the floor, comfortable as he can be on the fluffy rug.

He opened the book and looked at the highlighted parts straight away. Katsuki tilted his head back and furrowed his brows.

"Am I gonna have to read the entire thing or just the highlighted parts?"

"You decide."

You knew the Re-Destro and his army didn't have any devices kept on you. However, you did not know if the Commission had planted any on you.

The contract said you couldn't say a word— how they made sure you didn't say anything was beyond your knowledge.

It was too careless if they only relied on trust.

So you did what you did best: overthink and prepare for the worst.

Ah, fuck it. I'll just tell him.
I'm quitting after this shit infiltration regardless.

You didn't need secrecy to create a distance between you and your family.

"I went to Tartarus again," you said blatantly, nails lightly running through Katsuki's hair.

"Oh yeah?" Katsuki asked, continuing reading. He wasn't even surprised at this point. "Why?"

"All For One asked for my company to threaten us. And Prez showed me who I'd end up like if I disobeyed the Commission."

He shut the book for a brief moment. "She brought you to a prisoner's cell? What did the person look like?"

You hummed. "Short hair, blue and pink I think."

As if a nerd switch flicked in his head, he asked Katsuro to pick up his phone from where it was charging. He searched up a few things and then passed you the device.

"Lady Nagant," he said. "She used to work in the Commission before she killed the previous President of the H.P.S.C. So just don't kill that hag and you'll be fine."

"It's harder than it looks to restrain myself."

You shrugged and put the phone on his side table. Katsuki grabbed your hand and interlocked your fingers. His thumb rubbed over them and he kept your hand close to him.