53 | BLINDSIDED

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
'blindsided'

As you bit on the nail of your thumb, you looked up to the many screens showing all the cameras hidden on Ground Gamma while simultaneously listened to the commentary of your class and Class 1-B.

Katsuro was by your side the entire time and he grabbed onto your lefthand when the moments in the class battles became more intense, such as when Shoto fell unconscious from the extreme heat of his flames against Tetsutetsu during the third match. It was as if he was watching an action movie with his favourite superheroes, which in his case could be true since he was from the future and you were all training to become heroes.

The cold winter air blew past your hair, the skin showing past your shorts and above your laced-up boots became rough with goosebumps. You rubbed your palms up and down your thighs in an attempt to soothe it, then pulled on the hem of your shorts to try and cover the exposed skin. Yaoyorozu was showing a lot of skin with her costume and you had to remember to ask her for advice later on how she kept warm in this weather.

After Shoto's and Tetsutetsu's group were dragged out on a stretcher by the robots from their tied battle, Bakugou's team was up on the big screen. In a matter of minutes from where you were stood, you saw that he was shouting constantly at your classmates but to some extent was willing to work with them at the same time. You saw that he even jumped in front of Jirou to protect her from an attack— even if he did kick her in the process. Kirishima also responded to Monoma's obnoxiously loud comments of Bakugou 'changing' and said that he does care and will throw himself out there to protect someone else.

It was true.

Monoma turned to you and pointed a finger directly to your face which crunched in confusion. "What did you do?!" He screamed, shocked at how he didn't notice how Bakugou's personality has developed since the sports festival.

You crossed your arms over your chest, Katsuro doing the same as clusters of Bakugou's explosions were heard in the far distance. "He improved all on his own," you replied, smirking in his direction. "But he hasn't changed. He still has the same goal."

"I want a perfect victory. So you have to do the same, purple-eyes!" Bakugou yelled as you both 'hyped' each other up, your fingers linked together as you challenged to see who fell backwards on the ground first from pushing each other. "Don't take your eyes off me until I win! Got it?"

On the screen, Bakugou focused his detonations at Tokage Setsuna, a recommended student like yourself and knocked her out with his close-range attack, the rest of his team apprehending them as claiming the clean win of 4-0 in just five minutes.

As the smoke from his attack raised to the atmosphere, a smile of admiration appeared on your face once it was announced he achieved what he declared to you earlier. Bakugou— although you wouldn't tell him just yet— was a big inspiration to you and he made you proud every time he achieved one of his set goals.

"You shouldn't expect any less of him, Monoma-san. Bakugou will surpass Uncle Might someday."

"What momma said, Mister Weirdo!"

The two homeroom teachers approached them to give their feedback, commendations of keeping damage to a minimum and that when Bakugou was the foundation of the team, Jirou, Sato and Sero worked to do their parts well. Their solid strategy based on their past fights and strengths were also praised by Vlad King who had to put a 'but' in his speech. But overall their battle was nicely executed.