18 | BEST FRIENDS

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
'best friends'

You sat in the living area with Ochaco and Tsu playing a game of pairs. The cards were all laid out on the table and it was a game to test your memory. It got boring after a few minutes, but you already set it up so you three might as well.

Ochaco was struggling a bit with only two pairs, Tsu with seven and you with ten.

It was understandable. The game is going slower than usual because the three of you would think of a random topic to talk about or be distracting by the shouting of Mina and Katsuro as they played a video game on the tv.

"Two hearts, two spades... queen of hearts, queen of diamonds... three clubs and— not a three. Tsu, it's your turn."

You faced the cards back down and stepped back with Ochaco, letting Tsu pick her cards.

Ochaco turned to face you. "What is motherhood like, [name]-chan?" She asked.

"H-huh? Where did this come from?" You replied, confused suddenly the subject of her choice.

"Oh! It's nothing, you look like you've been really happy than stressed with Katsuro-kun lately." She waved her hands in front of her. "Bakugou does too!"

"Surprisingly, ribbet," Tsu said, turning around with two pairs added to her piles.

"I know. I thought it would take a couple of days to convince king explosion murder."

They both sat with you on the sofa, laughing at your nickname of Bakugou. Well not a nickname... that was his 'hero name'.

"He's nice to him," Ochaco said, staring at the game on the tv.

"Yeah... he is. He's still the same to everyone else though."

"At least you and him aren't arguing every minute, ribbet. You both look like real parents."

"Oh whatever. It wasn't every minute."

Mina cleared her throat. "Maybe you should stop daydreaming about him and pick the cards you're supposed to remember. That game takes too long!"

It was true. You did end up thinking about Bakugou when they started talking about him. He became nicer to you, only because of Katsuro. You didn't mind it though. At least he wasn't in your face shouting at you anymore.

"How do you know? You eyes are glued to the tv!" Ochaco pointed, you could tell she was creeped out.

"I know everything Ochaco. Even your little crush on Midoriya Izuku..."

"H-huh?"

You giggled as you picked the final three pairs based on a guess. "I win."

"You're good at this," Tsu complimented. She collected the cards with you.

You shook your head. "Just lucky."

"Momma! I won against Auntie Mina!" Katsuro said, running up to you with his game controller.

"Well done, little man." You picked him up and hugged him. "Time for bed. Where are you sleeping tonight?"