FIFTY-FOUR

The royal family didn't blame Agustine for the incident, neither did Roselia after she calmed down. Although they didn't want to make trouble for the demon who couldn't properly take hold of his Jinx, they were concerned with the fact Agustine was allowed to roam free considering how dangerous he was.

Bennett Kingston and Remiah Westworth quietly took matters into their own hands and reassured the family. The crown prince wasn't too bothered as long as Roselia was okay and the empress wasn't as worried anymore, but the emperor was still frustrated at how things turned out. He didn't think it was safe for the family to stay and planned on leaving immediately until Roselia persuaded to let them spend one more day since she and Niven had finally been reunited.

But while the headmaster and vice-principal dealt with the imperial family, the staff and other teachers hurried to reassure the other families who had come and cleaned up the mess Agustine had made very quickly.

Professor Budreau and Mr. Abberline ran amok trying to find Mirren with the hopes the jaguar beastman could use his abilities to settle everyone down. But Mirren had already done so without trouble and the brunet was currently downing a large glass of wine, emitting low and threatening hisses from his lips.

He slammed the glass down as he watched the crown princess frolic around Niven. He didn't fucking know Niven had a goddamn fiancée. The actual crown princess of a fucking empire.

Mirren stabbed his fork into his dessert with a heavy glare. He didn't think he could even get this angry, but when he looks back at Niven happily standing with Roselia, the brunet bared his canines and sulked by himself.

He couldn't help but think about their own time together. Didn't Niven know how much his companionship mean to Mirren? The brunet can admit he often flirts as a joke and may seem annoying to Niven at times, but he was genuine with the blond. He craved having a companion so much that he was so fucking envious of Arien for having an actual pack since jaguars weren't really destined to have anyone else.

The thought of Arien made Mirren grow even more frustrated and the brunet made a mess out of his dessert. Mirren huffed in irritation before stretching his hand out to grab another bottle, wanting to drown his anger out.

But then the bottle was snatched away by Noah Delgado, frowning down at the beastman. "Dude, the hell are you doing? We have guests here, you can't go out looking like shit. Put on your Mirren Charm and socialize."

"Fuck off," Mirren snarled. "I need more."

"I, too, drink to forget because of the shitty mistakes I have made, but you're eventually going to end up remembering. A piece of advice, Mirren? Drinking isn't going to be the solution to whatever crappy problem you have. It's nothing more than a way for you to treat your symptoms and not the cause. Losers like me do that so don't be like me, my man."

Mirren stopped hissing and let his pupils turn into slits. He stared directly at Noah, somehow finding the student even more annoying. But it's wasn't like Noah was wrong, it only made the beastman more upset that he was right.

"Screw off, Noah. Can't you see I'm trying to drown my sorrows?"

"Oof, that's rough. You can't really drown yourself with this sort of alcohol. It's best to bring out the rum. I even forget who I am sometimes when I drink rum," Noah sighed. "But that's not the point. Look, even though your looks are top notch in this academy, you're looking pretty stupid right now. Now to mention, if you keep this up you're bound to snap at someone and your father may punish you for yelling at a guest."

"Are you helping or fucking with me?" Mirren growled.

Noah instantly held a hand up to stop the male. "I'm telling you right now there will never be a time when we fuck."