SEVENTEEN

Mirren woke up a little earlier than he expected.

Well, he always woke up early to dress himself and to wait for Niven to walk out of his dorm room, but it was different this time.

He noticed a faint scent in the air, something unfamiliar. His eyes shot open and he quickly got into a defensive stance before realizing that he bumped into something. He looked down to see a tuff of golden locks. Mirren then remembered Niven staying over due to his constant pleading, and so they simply decided to just share the bed since it was big enough.

Niven curled himself right up against the brunet, settling himself deeper into Mirren's warmth. The brunet looked around, noticing they were still tucked in the nest Niven unconsciously made due to the pheromones Mirren accidentally released.

Mirren's lips twitched into an unknown smile.

Still, there was a scent he wasn't accustomed to that lingered in the air, slowly drifting its way into his room. Because of that, the primal look in his eyes returned. It made him more than agitated, wanting to storm into his living room and tear that person apart for invading his space.

Slowly, he got off from the bed and tucked Niven back in gently before walking out the door, ready to kill whoever it was that decided to fuck around with him in the morning—but then he stopped at the sight of the penguin, Niven's familiar, actually cooking several dishes for breakfast with Crescent floating around, preparing the table.

It's King's scent, Mirren thought to himself. Instantly, he became relaxed at the revelation. For a moment, he thought someone had really come in without his permission, into his territory.

Crescent noticed Mirren standing there with his arms crossed, brows scrunched together at the sight of King waddling around to pour some orange juice before shoving the carton back into his top hat. Soundlessly, the sylph floated over to her master and silently greeted the man with a bow. He merely waved it off, muttering a small good morning to her and peered through the large glass windows, just noticing how the sun was barely up.

God, it was too early for this bullshit.

By the time he returned to his room, he noticed Niven sitting straight up with a blanket over his head and buried within the pillows. Mirren gave him a charming smile, sitting down next to the blond.

"Hey, baby. Go back to sleep, it's still a little early."

"I can't... gotta get up and eat some breakfast," Niven murmured in response, peeking out underneath the blanket. "Good morning."

"Your penguin is still making breakfast—which is really impressive. I'm also grateful that he taught Cress a few tips on how to clean up after ourselves."

"King can't really stand the sight of dirtiness, so he makes an effort to clean up everything." Niven slowly pulled the blanket down from his head, slightly shivering from the cold. "Why were you up so early?"

"I... just smelled something good," Mirren replied with a small grin. "Turns out it was just the eggs being cooked."

Niven pulled the covers away and hopped out of bed, walking around in a slow pace for a few seconds and smiled to himself. Mirren could tell the blond was more than happy to know he could walk just fine now knowing the effects of his abilities finally wore off.

Mirren protested a couple of times, wanting the blond to sleep for another hour or so but Niven refused. He grabbed his uniform, another pair that King prepared for him, and went inside Mirren's bathroom to take a quick shower, even using the brunet's own products before heading out into the living room to find the brunet munching on some toast, still half naked.