TWENTY-EIGHT

He really thought he'd had a relaxing weekend with Gabriel, but Niven somehow ended up in the arena with Silas, munching on a couple of sweets behind him.

Gabriel was still with him though, his face a bit taunt and irritated. He had thought he'd spend more time with his young master, but who would've thought this bastard angel made Niven come outside?

"Sorry for making you come all this way, angel," Silas muttered a small apology after chewing on some candy canes. "We aren't really training for today."

"Then what are we doing here?" Niven questioned.

"We're going out," he replied and tossed a couple of candy wrappers at Gabriel. Silas snorted, "Be a good butler and clean those up for me, yes?"

Gabriel's smile grew strained. "Yes, Lord D'imperio."

"Stop that." Niven hurriedly placed a hand on Gabriel's hand to prevent the male from picking the wrappers up. He gave Silas a small glare. "Gabriel is my personal butler, he doesn't need to follow anyone else's commands."

"Oh?" Silas gave a dry comment, "Aren't you supposed to be tending to the Royals instead? If I remember correctly, the headmaster specifically gave you over to the Kingston Brothers. Only Kingstons are allowed to have their own butlers."

"Young Master Niven is no different. He comes from the House of Cantillon," Gabriel responded, his eyes still piercing through Silas. The angel gave him a dark glare of his own.

The councilman unwrapped a small lollipop from his pocket and licked it a couple of times. "You say you'd willingly spend the rest of your life serving the Royals to repay the previous headmaster for saving your worthless, pathetic existence, yet you go ahead and run off to our omega? Listen, I understand the Royals are a pain in the butt, but at least stand by your words."

"D-Don't call him that!" Niven exclaimed at the dark haired male. Silas quickly shut his mouth, somewhat surprised seeing how Niven actually raised his voice, though it cracked a little since he's never really yelled at anyone before—besides that time with Mirren.

"As I said before, my young master is no different than serving a Royal," Gabriel replied thickly, his tone dropping into a warning.

Silas didn't flinch like Niven did, but the councilman noticed and stepped in front of the blond. He crossed his arms and gave the man a disgusted gaze. "The House of Cantillon may have been powerful a few hundred years ago, and even though they served the Kingston family well, they're on the verge of declining. Niven here may be of royal blood, but that doesn't mean he's a Kingston. I doubt he's even met the Kingston Brothers. The three of them are simply too much for a person to actually talk to—take no offense, Niven. I think you're great."

"A-Actually..." Niven tried to speak up, but his voice instantly turned weak the moment Silas looked back at the blond with a questioning gaze.

"Yes, angel?" He asked.

Niven stammered, "U-Um... so you see..."

"Why don't we just go out of the academy, yes?" Gabriel managed to cut in after Niven's timid voice faded away. "After all, you're here for that instead of trying to insult me."

"Insult you? I thought I was stating facts," Silas murmured, mostly to himself. "Whatever, I suppose it doesn't matter when the topic is about you. Let's go, angel."

"T-To where?"

"I'll have my driver pick us up and we'll head out into the city. There's a few things I want to buy for you." Silas crunched on the lollipop before taking the stick out of his mouth and turning it into ashes. "Since Ludos will be coming shortly, we need to buy a couple of essential equipment for you."