EIGHTY-TWO

Remiah placed down several sweets in front of the student. He had a kind smile playing on his lips, glancing at Mirren once in a while before gesturing a hand to the treats.

"Want some? I remember these are your favorite."

"No."

"What? I was so sure you liked these ones. Should I have gotten the other brand of candy?"

Disinterested, Mirren turned the other way and scoffed, "What is it that you need from me, sir?"

"How rude. Are we not family?"

Remiah's smile dropped a little and he tried to give a pat to the student's shoulder, but Mirren hurriedly smacked it away before the man could touch him.

The beastman coldly responded, "What the hell did you need me for? Hurry up, I have to return to detention and finish my time there."

"Geez, you make it sound like you're in jail!" Remiah nearly chuckled. "If you'd like, I can take you out of there now. You've been behaving so well, so I'm sure the staff wouldn't mind me pulling you out."

"No thanks," he flatly answered. "I'll finish my time."

"I only wanted to check up on you and spend some quality father-and-son time. Is it that hard to believe me?"

"Yes." Mirren didn't beat around the bush. "I don't like seeing you."

Remiah clicked his tongue and sighed, "Is that any way to treat your father? Especially what I've done to help you transfer those students away? You still haven't thanked me for doing that by the way."

Mirren's eyes turned into slits and he let out a dangerous rumbled, but then he held himself back once he saw Remiah's lips arch up.

"How the hell did you know about them?" Mirren sneered.

The man shrugged. "How could I not? If my dearest son wants someone gone, why shouldn't I help out behind the scenes? Still, I'm a little perplexed. They wouldn't dare to bully you, so I'm thinking why did you want them gone?"

Mirren was silent. He didn't say a word and kept a heated glare at the man.

Remiah eventually broke their silence and said, "I won't ask any further about those students then. But since it's just the two of us, let's spend the day together like I originally planned, okay? You've had a tough two weeks so I booked a reservation-"

"Whatever. Spend it with someone else."

Without letting him finish, Mirren got up and snatched his cape from the sofa and slung it over his shoulders. The beastman didn't bat an eye at the man before walking out of his office without any expression, leaving Remiah alone.

The vice-principal stared down at the two tickets on the corner of his desk.

"Maybe he doesn't like movies," Remiah mumbled to himself.

His son was a little hard to understand, but Remiah thinks it's just Mirren playing around. He'll try again next time.

But that being said, his hopes weren't totally lost. Remiah hurriedly grabbed his phone and dialed his favorite number.

"I'm in the middle of a meeting with my sister-in-law. If there's no trouble at the academy then don't bother me."

Remiah lit up. "I'm having my own troubles with my son. He doesn't want to spend any time with me so I feel lonely. When will you come back-"

"I should've known this wasn't anything important," Bennett Kingston retorted. "I have other matters to attend to which is why I left you in charge of the school. Just be a good boy and wait for me, alright?"