SIXTY-EIGHT

The twins sat across from Niven inside the sanctum, frowning at the boy. Simeon already said no several times and Levi kept silent as usual, but Niven held onto his tight smile and sent them pleading looks.

He asked multiple times if he could cancel their plans on heading back home together to go with Arien and Grim on their own trip. So far, it hasn't been successful, but Niven was more persistent than the twins thought.

"Sweetheart, you know we can't allow you to go," Simeon tried. "Something may happen to you while you're at his tribe."

"I highly doubt that. My Luck is back with me and I hardly ever use any of my abilities to trigger my illness," Niven pointed out.

"I still say no. Lord Uriel is already expecting you return and the grand duchess has been preparing for your arrival as well."

"Levi?" Niven ignored his brother, turning his attention to the other twin and giving him a pitiful stare. "Please? You know me, I won't do anything bad over there. I doubt Arien will even let me leave his side!"

"Dolcezza..." Levi was unsure to continue. He always loved and hated that look in Niven's face. He couldn't ever say no and his brothers knew it.

Niven kept prodding, "I really don't want to go back home. Father never lets me go anywhere besides the empire, but even those trips are rare to come by for me. It's boring at home, Levi."

"There's plenty of things to entertain you with, little brother. You could always go to another party with Lady Dahlia to relieve your boredom. There's that option-"

"If I have to step into another party with my aunt, I'd poison my drink myself and drink it in one gulp," Niven promised without missing a beat.

As much as he loved Aunt Dahlia, his relative would grow overbearing during social events and he hardly ever had time to himself before being crowded with a bunch of people, dying to have a conversation with the boy. Dahlia Kingston wouldn't even notice Niven having a hard time and would probably keep drinking the night away without a care.

He never liked going to social events and the thought of following his aunt to them made Niven even more resolute in going with Arien and Grim.

Simeon noticed the look in his little brother's eyes and realized his mistake. With a sour expression, he persisted, "Even if Levi and I allow you to go, that doesn't mean your father will let you. Why don't we stop this discussion for now and prepare to pack your things?"

"I'm not going," Niven repeated.

"Niven, please don't make this harder than it has to be-"

"Then just agree to let me go. It's not that hard to," he retorted.

Simeon clenched his jaw, finding himself growing more than a little frustrated. As much as he adored Niven, he'd rather not be talked back to and was about to start an argument with the male until Levi abruptly placed a hand in front of his twin, stopping him.

"You want to go that badly, dolcezza?" Levi murmured out, his gaze intensifying.

Niven faltered, his confidence instantly dropping once he locked eyes with Levi's violet ones. All his eldest brother needed to do was command him not to go and Niven would have to comply.

Though what Levi said next completely surprised both of his brothers.

"If you want to go... then make sure to stay right by Arien. Don't wander off and keep Grimmwolf close to you as well."

"R-Really?" Niven was bewildered. "You're really letting me?"

"Levi!" Simeon hissed. "You cannot be serious with letting him go to another fucking country."