FORTY-SIX

"Good morning, brother."

Niven was currently having breakfast with Levi and Simeon. He was in high spirits when he came over to their dorm room, and the twins didn't need to know why.

Standing behind Levi, Gabriel leaned down to place a tray of tea for the students. There were two other butlers standing on the far end of the room, awaiting for the twins' orders.

Those two were Levi and Simeon's personal butlers, just like Gabriel was only exclusive for Niven.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Simeon reached forward to take a small roll of bread, quickly putting butter on it before placing it down on Niven's plate. "I trust you had a good night's sleep?"

"Yup!" Niven replied. "By the way, why'd you call me out here so early? It's a Saturday, I tend to sleep late on these days."

"I know." Simeon grinned, remembering how hard it was for Niven to get up on those days. "I assure you, we brought you here for a good reason."

"Is it another tournament for me? Was the other one not enough to convince the other schools?" Niven didn't want to fight another large group of rivaling students. It was such a bore having to wait for small groups to come up one at a time up on a platform, only for them to be thrown off.

Simeon chuckled, "That's not exactly it. Yes, there will be another Ludos, but the challenge will be for Grim and not you."

Niven quickly perked up. "For Grim? Really? Why?"

"Because Grim isn't a pure blooded Royal like you, young master," Gabriel answered just as he placed down another set of treats for the boys. He stood back, placing his hands behind his back with a charming smile aimed at Niven. "Word has spread through many schools about Grim's situation, and they want to find out if he's actually that strong to become appointed as a Royal."

"As you may know, dear brother, students are only able to become Royals if they're related to the men who've created their schools. Just like your many great grandfather who built this school, it's been your birthright to become a Royal," Simeon explained with a sip of his tea. Niven glanced at Levi, who only nodded.

"But why are they fighting him now?" Niven asked. "If they've known then they should've challenged Grim a long time ago."

"Because Grim was gone with us," Simeon responded flatly. "Grim never really had a chance to accept since he always accompanied Levi and I for our trips. And since the little sheep is well settled inside our academy, there's no reason why he should hold the tournament off any longer."

"You brought me here... so we can go and watch Grim?"

Simeon grinned. "Exactly!"

Niven was quick to refuse. "I can't. I have a small date with Vasili, I really don't have the time to watch and-"

The blond faltered when he saw Levi's face sink. His elder brother turned away from Simeon and Niven, finding it hard to listen to the boy talk about that damned man.

Niven was still quiet, confused as to why he was hesitating in not going with his brothers. The moment he remembered about Vasili, the glassy look in his eyes came back and Simeon quickly noticed it.

"This will be your first time coming to see Grim and his abilities!" Simeon added in quickly, knowing just how curious his little brother was when it came to these things. "Are you sure you don't want to come? Grim hardly ever accepts any challenges. You might miss out on a good opportunity."

"Ah... m-maybe..." The hazy look in the blond's eyes was starting to diminish. Niven had to actually take a second to think of why he wasn't accepting Simeon's proposal. He'd love to watch Grim, possibly more than anything.