THIRTY-NINE

Niven didn't mind holding Silas' hand, not at all. It was weird at first he had to admit, but he soon grew used to it and let Silas follow him around like a puppy.

The angel was much more touchy than he expected. He refused to let go of Niven at all, afraid that if he lets go of his hand, the blond would disappear. And so Silas gripped him even more tightly, shuffling a little closer to the boy with his left wing wrapped around Niven's body.

It was a little difficult to move, Niven pondered several times. He even tried to ask Silas to let go for just a moment, but then the angel couldn't stop crying. Niven had to sigh, stopping several times to wipe Silas' tears away and then drag the male as they made their way through the forests.

If Niven had to be honest, he was actually shocked to the point of being frightened about what he discovered just an hour ago.

Who the hell knew Silas could end up like this? The male still wouldn't stop crying no matter how long ago the incident was, or how many times Niven tried to comfort him. If anyone told him Silas would cry like this, out of everyone in the academy, Niven would've laughed right in their faces.

Niven shuddered at that thought. He really just discovered a secret side to Silas he didn't even mean to find.

"Alright, are you okay now?" Niven and Silas once again stopped, mostly because the angel was finally quiet and the boy could hardly hear any more sniffles. Niven reached out to wipe the last of the tears away before continuing, "I think we're close to the end. If you don't want to your brother to worry about you then it's time to stop crying, okay?"

"Yes..." Silas obediently nodded. "I'm s-sorry..."

"What are you even apologize for?" Niven sighed. "You're doing fine. Let's go."

Yeah, that's how it went. Every now and then, Niven would hear Silas sniffle before the noise eventually died down. The blond couldn't help but look back at him, thinking he needed to stop again, but Silas shook his head and said he was fine. The angel was slowly returning back to his haughty temperament, rarely saying a word to Niven.

But even though Silas seemed arrogant again, Niven was happy enough to let the dark skinned male walk on his own. Though it seemed too soon as he tried to release his hand from the angel, it only made Silas' mood grow sour and he almost cried again.

Now, Niven could only blame himself as Silas clung back onto his form with a glare. But at the very least, Niven was able to feel just how soft and silky the male's wings were. He was ecstatic, wearing a happy smile as he kept touching Silas' feathers. The dark skinned male scowled, but he didn't move away or scolded the blond. He only kept silent and unfurled his wings once, letting Niven see them in a clearer view.

For some reason, it seemed like Niven was taking care of a child. Silas had the temper of one.

"I'll buy you new gloves," Niven spoke as they trudged through. "I'll get my father to order some. I'll make sure they're even better than the ones you had since you lost your other pair."

"That's okay... I have spares in my dorm," Silas quietly refused.

Niven grinned. "I always wondered why you wore gloves. Even in the blazing heat of our sessions, you never took them off."

Crimson dusted against the angel's cheeks. "I didn't want to hurt you..."

"It must've been hard for you to keep going like this, right?" Niven spared Silas a glance. "Last night, I'm guessing the reason why you couldn't eat was because you didn't have your gloves on. Does the material actually stop you from withering live objects away?"