EIGHTY-EIGHT

Noah sat down with some princes by his side. He gave each of them a glance and decided he wasn't enjoying his time at all.

Of course he couldn't really say that since the empress of the empire was right across from him, happily smiling at the student.

Not only that, but what ticked the male off the most was Mikhail also joining them. The man gave a nonchalant greeting to everyone at first and cunningly tried feeling Noah up to tease him behind everyone's back.

If Noah could, he'd kill Mikhail and Alessio right on the spot.

Though he couldn't worry about those two as of now. The ones he had to look out for wasn't just the empress, but the rest of the princes who were gathered around the table.

The second, third and fifth prince were with him. The fourth one nowhere to be found and if Noah was being honest, that was perfectly fine with him since Alessio's brothers seemed to have taken a liking to him immediately which unnerved Noah more than he'd like to admit.

These guys will be the death of him.

"You know, I'm really glad you've decided to accept my invitation to the palace," Empress Lysander chirped.

Noah picked at his food. "Uh... yeah..."

"I was worried since you weren't responding to any of my daughter's invitations, but it can't be helped since you're so busy in the academy."

"Uh huh."

"So Noah, I heard you and Niven became really good friends. How did that come to be?"

Noah snapped his attention over to the second prince, having to force himself not to recoil at how the male was tenderly smiling down at him.

Prince Adrien was scarily similar to the crown prince. They almost looked the exact same if it weren't for the color of their eyes being different and Noah felt much more uneasy with that smile on his face... he didn't like that look at all.

"We didn't have a smooth start at first, but stuff happened and we just... became like this I guess."

"Stuff?"

"Yep."

"What stuff?"

"Yeah, I don't wanna tell you so..."

Prince Adrien didn't mind the bitter tone Noah held and actually smiled a lot wider. He shrugged in reply and let Noah off, making the student relieved.

"What are some of your abilities?" Alessio's fifth brother asked.

Prince Niklaus was honestly okay in Noah's opinion. Out of all of his brothers, he seemed like the most chill and respected Noah enough not to pry into every little detail of his life like the rest of his siblings, especially his third brother, Prince Everest.

For some reason, Noah as if he was being seen right through by Prince Everest. He kept a watchful gaze on Noah and would often ask his questions curtly, to which they were extremely down to the point and hardly says anything else. It made Noah a little more uncomfortable than usual.

"Sound Manipulation," Noah simply stated and stared at Prince Niklaus in the eyes. He lifted a hand up and snapped his fingers. "If I snap a little harder, I could probably make you go deaf. Care for a demonstration?"

The imperial guards stationed beside the royal family were instantly alarmed and started to bring their weapons out before Empress Lysander started laughing.

Even Mikhail and Alessio seemed delighted by what Noah said and thought how adorable the male was for trying to threaten a royal. Prince Niklaus didn't seem to mind as well and showed a small grin toward the student.