FOURTEEN

As soon as they stepped in, Mirren was flung in the air and spun around several times before Agustine was ripped away from Niven's side, sticking to the wall in an awkward angle.

Niven gasped in shock, almost tripping over himself when he realized the floor was actually moving, going up and down like small waves before turning and spinning from side to side, and then moving up and down again.

Niven looked up to observe the inside of the building, almost gaping at the obscene colors and weird furniture floating about and bumping into each other. It seemed they were alive, constantly moving about and flipping themselves upside down as some of their armrests moved wildly, smacking other objects away.

A candlestick hopped over to Niven, its flames burning a green hue and enlarging the fire several times in the blond's presence before hopping away when it found out Niven was backing up, startled at the sight.

What the hell was this place? He felt like he was warped into some Alice in Wonderland story.

The blond had a hard time keeping his balance and was about to reach for Agustine when the brunet kicked himself off the ceiling and lunged for Niven, using him as an anchor.

"I fucking hate this place, I fucking hate our damn professor—holy shit, I hate everything," Mirren kept mumbling to himself, pulling on Niven's arm as he helped himself down on the floor. "I swear this is the last time I'm flying through the air."

Niven tightly held onto the brunet's arm, scared that he would also face the same things as Mirren.

The brunet sighed upon seeing Niven's fearful expression and kept his arm looked around the male's waist, bringing him over to Agustine, who was still stuck to the wall. With a snort, Mirren relentlessly kicked at the wall several times before Agustine promptly fell, not even catching himself.

"Let's go, loser!" Mirren called down to the silent male, not even waiting for Agustine to pick himself off the ground before he began to walk away with Niven. "Careful now, baby. Don't touch anything—I mean it this time."

"What's up with this place?"

"It's basically a fraction of our professor's personality," Mirren dryly stated. "It's get weirder when we arrive inside the main hall. Careful not to step on the green polka dots."

"The what now?"

Agustine walked in front of the two of them, pushing his hands against the large doors to reveal the most bizarre room Niven's seen.

The furniture was now stuck against the ceiling and were placed against the walls, and there were several plants living inside. Though the room held a few trees, floating about with different variations of fruits on them. Books were scattered amongst the ground, arms connected to the edges of the hard covers and the books ran throughout the floor, bumping into the many plants which seemed to grow more alive—a bit wild at that. The desks were large and small, they were created not like the usual desk Niven saw back at the academy, but they had strange designs on them and the legs of the desks were bent in awkward angles. There were mixed patterns decorating the room, some moving on their own and making Niven's eyes hurt, but he understood immediately what the green polka dots were.

The floor seemed to be changing color and patterns, going from black to a buzzard neon pink, and then warping into some animal prints with weird hues of colors. And that's when he saw the polka dots, randomly popping out on the tile floors. They stayed through erratic times, maybe for just a few seconds or even a whole minute before they disappeared and showed themselves into a new area of the room.

Niven wanted to ask Mirren what the green polka dots did but he saw one of the books run into it and came out of a random dot from the other side of the room, and then the book ran through it again, but this time it fell from the ceiling when a polka randomly placed itself up.