SIDE STORY: NOAH & BENNETT

For some reason, Bennett Kingston was talking to Noah as if he were some sort of therapist.

Noah gave the man an incredulous look and scowled. "Listen, I've already graduated from the academy and done with this shit. I've been everyone's therapist for the past few years while I'm struggling to take my own advice. The hell do you want?"

"I'll pay you three thousand for a quick therapy session-"

"My good sir, say no more. Please sit down and confess your sins."

Bennett frowned as he sat down on the sofa inside Noah's apartment.

"Confessing your sins is for the church."

"Did I say I was a professional?" Noah rolled his eyes.

"You've always sounded like one according to Mirren."

"Oh, yeah. How's the baby? I heard Niven recently had another child who looks like Vasili. A girl actually. Isn't that exciting?"

Bennett sighed, "Levi was able to find out earlier due to his visions. He freaked out and both him and Silas went on a shopping spree for her before she was born."

"Her name's Vivienne, right? Niven told me Vasili wanted to name her with a V that's similar to his name."

"I'm still surprised he managed to get together with Niven after a year of his marriage with the others. It was also strange that my brother accepted him, but considering how powerful Vasili is, I guess that was enough to convince my family to let him also marry Niven."

Noah sighed. He was also pretty shocked when he first heard about Vasili courting Niven. It wasn't uncommon to add more people to a person's marriage in this age, but Vasili? That guy was crazy as hell so who knows how he managed to get together with him. Even the others were so reluctant, but they had to accept him regardless of how much they disliked Vasili.

"She's truly precious though. The grand duchess spoils her a lot. Even Roselia comes by every so often just to see her."

"Everyone's that happy, huh? I haven't gone to see her yet since I've been dealing with Mikhail's ass. I plan on visiting this weekend though."

"You still don't want to become empress? It's almost been three years now." Bennett was amused. "The family really loves you. They don't accept anyone else."

"Hell no. Why would I live in the empire? Crazy things happen there and that family is not normal... wait, we're not here to talk about me. What's up with you?"

Bennett sat in silence for a while. It was obvious to Noah he felt uncomfortable bringing the topic up, but Noah was never one to be patient and clicked his tongue.

"Spit it out, sir. We don't have all day."

"It's... about Remiah."

Right away, Noah tensed up and gave the man an odd look. "Remiah? What about him? Has something happened?"

"Not too long ago I received word about him taking over a whole prison system meant to confine people who are high-tiered ability users. The security there is unlike any other and even a dozen authorities have been assigned to watch over him... but Remiah's been getting his way recently. I was thinking of visiting him, though I'm not so sure if it's a good idea-"

"First of all, you don't want to find out he's running a crime syndicate? Your life is boring as hell. Second, you need to go before he like, takes over the world. Dude, why are you even here with me? You need to go."

"You honestly think I should?"

"Listen, I don't know what's up with you and Remiah. Mirren filled me in on some details, so I only know you guys had a thing in the past. If you don't want to see him then whatever, go ahead and do that. If you do then just do it. There's no real harm in visiting him... unless he takes advantage of you of course so that'll suck for you."