FIFTEEN

Vasili had more or less answered a bit of Niven's questions, though his responses were often vague and a bit complex to understand, Niven took what he got and simply thanked the pink haired professor before he was being dragged away from Mirren.

It turns out he spent half an hour listening to Vasili talk about his ability. And even though he wanted to question the man more about his second power and such, the blond finally noticed the tense air between Silas and Agustine, who nervously stood behind a floating tree to avoid his brother's look of disdain. Arien calmly sat upon a moving chair, not minding how it walked all over the place. He lifted his leg over the other, crossing his arms together as he leaned back against the chair, patiently waiting for Niven to be done.

Niven awkwardly apologized to the Wolves, almost cursing himself for forgetting they were also there.

Arien didn't say anything other than getting up and stretching his arms, letting a crack resonate throughout the room. His eyes seemed a bit more dilated though, and his ears couldn't stop twitching. He seemed a bit on edge, but Niven obviously didn't have the confidence to ask the alpha what was the matter.

"He gets like this from time to time when he stays in our professor's classroom for a while," Silas answered Niven's silent curiosity, appearing from the side of Mirren, who no longer dripped wet with the help of magic.

"He does?"

"Our alpha naturally responds more to the outside and staying indoors causes him to be somewhat agitated, but staying in a place like this messes up with beastmen's senses because of... well, as you can see-" Silas gestured a hand over to the bizarre furniture and animated objects moving about. "-it's somewhat hard for him to keep his senses in check all at once when there's too many things running around, especially when they're being controlled with magic. He's getting a bit better at it, but try not to stir him up if you see him like this."

"Remember to throw a stick in the other direction if he does to save yourself," Mirren whispered as a small advice. "He gets a little more... animalistic and aggressive when he has to contain himself."

Niven somehow found Arien a lot more intimidating.

"Are you alright, Alpha? We can head out now, I'm done for the day," Niven hesitantly questioned the beastman, still keeping a considerate amount of distance between them.

Arien's lips pressed together in a thin line, still popping his knuckles while his pupils enlarged at the sound of Niven's voice. He took a moment, closing off all the other sounds resonating throughout the room and tried to open his mouth to speak, but he immediately clamped his lips shut when he saw the blond slightly wince at the sight of his canines.

"Hmm... I can wait a little longer," Arien stated after a moment of silence, still blocking out the annoying noises. "If you're still curious..."

Niven shook his head. "N-No, I'm done, really! We can leave now!"

"You are? Well then, I'll be expecting the five of you in class tomorrow! I mean, I don't really care if you come or not since I know you're big boys and can handle yourselves, but be sure to be here, Niven!" Vasili called out from the air, floating around as he swung his cane randomly.

"Okay..."

When the small group of boys left, the Silver Guard quickly surrounded themselves around Agustine to lead the jackal masked student over to his dorm. Niven wanted to protest, but Agustine merely shook his hands and protested, calmly waving goodbye to the blond before following the guards over to his dorm room.

Silas took a good look at his brother, and it took him a while before he decided to follow the group, not even bothering to say goodbye but passed a small nod to Niven before leaving their sights.