SEVENTY

Niven didn't expect Silas, Agustine and Mirren to stay behind and watch him leave with Arien and Grim.  Currently, they were standing at the entrance of the academy, already putting their bags in the car while Gabriel fretted over Niven.

The D'imperio brothers first came over to him, handing him a small bag with some dessert Silas baked. All of them were Niven's favorite and the boy didn't really think the angel would remember.

Silas kept him for several minutes, telling him not to go off by his own and to watch his health even though he had a feeling Niven would already be focused on following Arien throughout the whole ordeal. He gave his alpha a small look after their conversation was finished. Their alpha gave Silas a brief nod, a silent goodbye to each other.

Agustine only gave Niven a hesitant hug, not really sure if he was allowed to come close to him without making Niven uncomfortable. He's already noticed the last few days how uneasy Niven was so the demon was extremely reluctant to do anything the boy didn't like. Still, Niven already knew what Agustine wanted and took the initiative to hug him back.

Niven spent a small moment talking to Agustine, excitedly telling him the things he'll bring back for the demon as gifts. Agustine only gazed down at the male, his chest tightening with how much Niven lit up at the thought of going. He smiled behind his mask and was nearly tempted to give him a hum, but he didn't say anything and finally let his pack mate go with some reluctance.

When he turned to say goodbye to Mirren, he was a bit surprised to see the beastman dressed in nothing but a pair of sweat and a large hoodie with the hood up. He also wore his glasses, something he rarely used around his classmates and even Niven. Mirren always told him that it made him look nerdy so he didn't have a need for them, but he took them out so casually.

Mirren was tired from what happened with Arien and completely cooped himself up in his dorm the next day, not even leaving his room to go eat. But he managed to crawl out of bed and throw the first pair of clothes on just to see Niven off.

Now, he was busy embracing Niven, sticking his nose in the crook of the male's neck just to memorize that calming citrus scent of his. He wouldn't be able to see Niven at all during the break so he felt restless knowing that.

"You look different. I hardly see you wearing hoodies and your nerdy glasses," Niven joked once they pulled away.

Mirren gave a dry smile. "No one can pull this look off better than me."

"What are you planning on doing for the rest of the break?"

"I already thought of staying here and missing you. You know I can't function well without you," he nonchalantly replied. "Baby, you gotta promise me to stay warm over there. The winters are frigid during the nights, but everything else should be fine during the day. Also if Arien is gone, look for Grim and stay with him as well."

"This is the tenth time you told me. I'll be okay, and I know you'll be just fine without me here."

Mirren wanted to disagree. He didn't want Niven to leave at all.

Tiredly, the jaguar beastman gave him another smile and placed a hand on the back of Niven's neck, contemplating if he should step away or try persuading the boy to stay with him. But he eventually released his grip and moved back, letting Gabriel rush over to grab Niven, stating he and the others would be late to their flight if they didn't hurry.

Niven sent the rest of his pack mates a small wave before getting in the car, Grimmwolf quietly following after the male. Arien halted for just a second, giving Mirren a small glance. They locked eyes with each other, having a silent conversation that didn't last very long before Arien climbed inside the car and soon left.