SIXTY-TWO

Mirren sat down on the bench as Niven fussed over the beastman. The male grunted in pain after being tossed off from the platform and actually needed Grim's help to move.

It was no surprise to Mirren that he'd lost to Agustine. Someone like him had raw power and was skilled enough to enhance his demonic energy with Arien's instincts, but no one really knew that until Agustine actually fought. Though he was sure Silas knew, he's also lost to Agustine before.

But who would've known Agustine had it in himself? Certainly not the Wolves and the Royals. Even Vasili was unhinged after what he saw.

Mirren snorted and muttered, "Fucking terrifying..."

"Mirren," Niven quivered. He reached out to grasp the male's arms. "A-Are you okay? We can call a doctor over."

"I'm fine, baby. I think you should worry more about yourself," Mirren replied with a strained smile. "I'll head back to my dorm room first. My heat will be starting soon and I gotta prepare."

"Now?"

"Why? You don't want me to leave? I knew this day would come when you'd finally grow so enamored with me."

Niven hesitated to reply. He didn't want to leave the beastman all by himself and wanted to stay with him throughout the majority of his heat, but he looked back to where Simeon and Grimmwolf stood, already preparing to fight. Not to mention what Roselia said to him before he left, Niven was unsure if he should even consider staying with Mirren anymore.

Mirren noticed the slight disturbance on the boy's face and frowned. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." Niven shook those thoughts away and took one good look at Mirren.

Even though the brunet was exhausted and had several bruises littered across his skin and face, Mirren still had a certain allure he held. Without those bruises, Mirren looked extremely handsome and would be surrounded by many of their classmates everyday. It was usual for the jaguar to tease them back and flirt as much as he could so Niven didn't think too much about what Roselia said to him.

Mirren couldn't actually like him. He's been playing around with too many people to even think about an actual relationship. The thought of that made Niven somewhat relieved.

So once the brunet got up to head back to his dorm, Niven stopped him for a bit and placed his arms around the male's waist. He gave Mirren a tight hug, patting him on the back as well before looking up at the beastman with an uncertain smile.

"You did good," the blond lightly spoke. He started using a bit of Mirren's ability and charm, wanting to ease the beastman further. "I'll come by later to check up on you, okay?"

Mirren's cheeks were flushed red and he began to stammer a little. He was taken aback with Niven, not exactly expecting him to comfort him like this.

"I'll try to help you with your heat after this is over," Niven also offered. "You said just skin contact, right? Would this also be enough?"

Mirren finally realized the boy was only hugging him because of what he said from before. But still, the beastman felt his heart flutter a little bit and awkwardly nodded his head. It wouldn't exactly be enough, but it worked with Mirren. He could take what he got from Niven and wouldn't dare to complain.

Plus, it was nice hearing Niven trying to use Absolute Charisma to comfort Mirren after losing his battle with Agustine. It definitely made him feel a lot more spoiled since Niven was never really the one to take action first. If anything, Mirren was a little excited and felt warm because of this.