FIFTY

It took several days, but Niven finally got better and left his room.

The academy had strangely gone quiet during one night and it seemed like everyone went back to their usual routines without too much of a fuss. It amazed Niven for a moment, thinking how the twins and the Wolves managed to get things under control without another fight. Of course, he didn't know it was due to Vasili who managed to control everyone.

Niven had gone down to meet up with Mirren, who lacked enthusiasm when they spoke. The blond didn't know why he looked a little listless, but Mirren gave a small shrug and placed a hand on the boy's waist as usual.

Mirren was just tired of having to deal with everyone the past few days. Vasili certainly worked his magic quick and everyone didn't go against whatever the professor did. Not even Arien had a clue as to what Vasili used to make the academy quiet.

Niven went through his classes as usual, but the stares kept on coming as whispers about his brothers came nonstop. The blond kept quiet, not wanting to start a commotion and was uncomfortable the whole time.

Of course, Mirren wasn't the type to let things go so easily and kept messing around with those students, slightly using his magic to use dirty tricks. Anytime they wanted to point fingers at the brunet, Agustine came up and stared at them through his mask. They instantly backed down, feeling a sudden shiver go through them because of the demon.

But that made Niven feel a little better, knowing at least Mirren and Agustine were there to keep him company.

And although Niven wanted to visit his alpha, the beastman was busy dealing with the matters of getting the school ready for their upcoming event with Silas, so they didn't have much time to meet with each other. But that was alright with Niven, he planned to spend the rest of his time with Levi and Simeon anyways.

Right now, the boy sat beside Levi as the male drank his second glass of wine. Niven scrunched his nose up, not liking the smell before returning his gaze over to Simeon, diligently working on a new arrangement of flowers.

Simeon was completely focused, trying to carefully cut several stems and leaves off while picking out a yellow ribbon to tie the flowers together. When he was done, he proudly showed his work off to his brothers as he sat the flowers down in a vase.

Levi looked over it once, not exactly interested and kept drinking his glass while Niven beamed. He always liked watching Simeon do his hobbies despite knowing the fact Simeon wasn't really into it too much.

"Can you make another one?" Niven asked. "I want to give the next one to my familiar."

"I'd gladly give one to you, but I'm afraid I can't this time, sweetheart." Simeon handed the vase over to the blond. "We're starting to get even more busy with the preparation of having our families come."

"Do you know who's all coming?"

Simeon pursed his lips and thought for a moment. "Well, your alpha has some of his tribe members coming, and I heard they're also checking up on Grim. Agustine and Silas' parents will be attending, but I'm not so sure about Mirren. He hardly ever shows up to these events. It's not like anyone comes for him anyways."

Niven's smile faltered a little. "What about the vice-principal?"

"As far as we know, they're only family on paper and hardly see each other," Simeon replied. "You worried about him or something?"

"He's a good friend of mine so of course I worry," Niven said as he thought about Mirren. "I think I can even consider him as my best friend, but I'm not so sure."