TWENTY-NINE

"Why the actual fuck are we all here?"

Niven and Mirren had plans to spend their Sunday together with a play date for their familiars. It was highly unfortunate for them to be called out and be brought back into Professor Vasili's classroom again, but they were standing with all the Wolves.

Mirren was pissed as usual, but he didn't voice out any other opinion and kept mumbling to himself as he kept a tight grip on Niven's waist. The brunet glanced around almost every corner of the room, not liking how lifeless it was compared to how Vasili usually decorates the area.

Agustine timidly stood beside Niven, occasionally reaching up to adjust his new jackal mask. He took notice of Mirren's rising possessiveness over the blond and felt his mood plummet even further down. It's been a while since he'd last hung out with Niven properly, and seeing those two get closer left some bitterness in his thoughts.

His brother, Silas, stood on the opposite side of Mirren and kept fiddling around with his gloves before reaching up to push his curly locks of black hair back. His sky blue eyes narrowed, silently taking a glimpse to Niven's nervous state before observing the other council members. He spoke, "I figured one of you must have a reason as to why we were called here. I had a very important meeting with some investors which I've been planning to meet for a whole month, don't tell me I cancelled my appointment for nothing."

Their alpha stood in the middle of the group, right behind Mirren and gave a displeased expression. Arien crossed his arms, already receiving a headache at the sight of Mirren. The jaguar looked back at him, snorting and pushing Niven further away from the alpha. Arien emitted a low snarl afterwards.

When everyone first arrived, they were all surprised to see each other since the five of them never hung out before. They practically hated seeing one another and would probably die before spending another minute together.

Before they could start bickering amongst each other, they realized Niven tagging alongside with Mirren. Arien perked up a little, wanting to talk with the omega until Mirren's eyes changed into a cat's, almost warning the alpha. The blond gave them hesitant greetings, trying to ignore the wave of tension clashing between them. So they all decided to keep their mouths shut and avoid bringing up a topic which could trigger a remark or occasional taunt.

"This is a waste of time," Arien exasperated. "Where on earth is that man?"

"Who are we waiting for?"

Almost all of them jolted, especially the beastmen as they quickly turned around to give furious glared at Vasili, who stood near their alpha. He also peeked around their shoulders to see what the group was looking at. Vasili questioned, "What are we all doing? Is this a fun game kids these days are playing?"

"Son of a bitch, you scared me!" Mirren sighed.

"Tut, tut! You shouldn't make fun of your alpha that way!" Their professor merely threw his head back and laughed, gripping onto his cane as it tapped the floor.

Agustine backed up, nearly bumping into his brother. Silas quickly stepped away and gave the male a warning glare before looking over at Vasili and asked in a hurry, "Professor, why did you call all of us here? I should let you know I had big plans today."

"Like what? Praying? Boy, I'll tell you now that talking to God Almighty isn't your strongest suit," Vasili whispered as if he were telling a secret. He gave a wicked grin to the brothers. "I think poor Agustine might need that sort of divine presence more. Haha!"

The jackal masked student wilted away from the man's suggestion, shrinking back to try and hide himself in the background. Niven had to quickly place a hand behind Agustine's back to prevent the male from completely disappearing behind the group.