EIGHTY-THREE

Levi sat unflinching as Simeon recklessly threw another glass cup at the wall, almost missing Levi's head by a few inches.

His twin grabbed an empty bottle of wine and threw that as well. This time, Levi merely gave him an unamused look, but turned away and kept on drinking whatever wine he had left that was untouched by his fuming sibling.

"You told me we didn't have to worry about him!" Simeon seethed, slamming a glass on the table in front of his brother, breaking that in half as well.

Levi was quiet, though he looked around Simeon to see their butlers quickly cleaning the broken glasses up from the ground while wincing every so often at the sound of Simeon yelling.

"Your visions of the future are shit!" Simeon kept ranting. "They're of no help to us, Brother. In the end, Niven still got with that mutt of an alpha and that abomination of an angel! What are we supposed to do now since his affections for us are gone? Tell me, Levi!"

"I cannot," Levi firmly rejected in a quiet tone. "Knowing the future... it will shift-"

"I don't give a fuck if it does anymore! If you know something then change the future for our sake!"

"Brother," Levi warned sharply.

Simeon gave him a hardening glare. "Do it, Levi. Look into the future again and tell me what to do!"

"What's done is done. Even if I look... my visions shall still be the same. Why not calm down and have a drink with me?"

Simeon forcefully yanked Levi's drink away from his hands and slammed it on the ground, eyes wide with pure anger and hatred.

He was too busy loathing the fact Niven was snatched away that he didn't notice Levi's expression gradually turning colder by what Simeon had done.

He had to admit this was probably the only time Simeon had gotten truly angry. Simeon might be the more reckless twin who doesn't have a care in the world, but Levi hasn't seen him this mad since they were first settled into the academy, ruthlessly being beaten down by students who had lesser bloodlines and weak abilities.

When Simeon first found out about what happened between Niven and his pack mates, he was ready to go find Mirren and Agustine, intending to beat them senselessly within an inch of their lives. But then he heard about his little brother slowly starting to give Arien and Silas a chance to be his partners which made the male snap.

Simeon had been dreaming and yearning for so many years to get a sliver of Niven's affections, not the type of brotherly love they always received from the boy.

Because of that train of thought, Simeon's attitude grew nastier with each passing minute. He and Levi didn't endure these painful years only to not end up with Niven.

"What do I have to do?" Simeon murmured to himself, eyes still wide with an excessive amount of paranoia and fear. "What must I do to make him love me? That fucking alpha and Silas... they don't know him. Niven hasn't... h-he hasn't been with them for long and suddenly ended up with them? I can't accept it... he's ours. He can't be with anyone else."

Levi released a small sigh, "Don't fret, Brother... Niven still loves you."

"That's not what I fucking want!" Simeon almost screeched, scaring their butlers. "He's always seen us as brothers! This damned familiar love he's shown us... I'm so fucking sick and tired of it! I want him to look at me like he does to Arien and Silas! Fuck, he might even forgive Mirren and Agustine and end up with those bastards, too!"

"Sure," Levi nonchalantly responded. "He might end up with them."

"Are you even taking me seriously?" Simeon looked at him incredulously, not believing how calm down brother is.