FORTY-FIVE

Vasili perched himself on a seat inside the arena, Niven happily talking to the man as he sat on his lap yet again. The professor giggled at Niven's jokes every few seconds, finding the boy even more endearing.

And then he felt a searing glare right on the side of his face. Vasili looked down at the platform, finding the Wolves standing there impatiently.

"Ah, right! I forgot you guys were here!" Vasili giggled.

Down below, Mirren hissed out, "You were the one who called us over. I didn't come to this place to waste my time. The fuck are we doing here?"

It was such a damn eyesore to Mirren, having to watch Niven frolic around that man. The brunet's mood hasn't been so good all week, and it kept worsening, making Mirren even more snappy than usual. The teachers and students have noticed it straight away and quickly dispersed from the tempered male, not wanting to offend him.

The others haven't been doing well either. Silas grew fearful of being isolated without having the chance to feel direct skin contact, and he wanted to remember Niven's warmth again. He grew completely dependent on the blond since he never had to rely on anyone else before. With Niven too busy chasing after Vasili, Silas was overwhelmed with thoughts of having to imagine actually feeling Niven, causing him to want to reach out for the blond. It was like he relapsed back to when he was younger, missing the way he hugged his mother.

While Silas' paranoia came back, Agustine didn't fare too well by himself. He was more clumsy than before without Niven around. Even though the demon still didn't know what Niven did to null his ability, he wanted to be with him, even if it didn't include numbing his Jinx. Augustine didn't become friends with the male just because of that, he genuinely wanted Niven to care for him, exactly like how Agustine felt for the boy.

And for Arien... he kept quiet, simply just staring at Niven blushing red under Vasili's gaze. His wolf ears twitched and his tail stopped moving completely, but his dilated eyes were trained solely on Niven.

He hasn't seen his omega like that before. The potion really did make it seem like Niven was in love.

The alpha pressed his lips into a thin line, thinking hard to himself. He wondered how that would feel like, having someone like Niven completely and utterly smitten with their partner.

Arien has never taken in a lover before, neither has any of the other Wolves. They wondered how it would feel, and they secretly almost craved that feeling of wanting to be adored just like their professor was.

For Mirren, it was a special case since he used to sleep around before Niven came along, but it wasn't like Mirren was into dating anyone. He just didn't care about them at all and tossed each student away like toys once he grew bored of them. Mirren was used to all the attention and affection from random students he couldn't even remember, but he vaguely had the same thoughts as his pack mates.

What would it feel like to be loved by Niven himself?

"Alright, kids!" Vasili called down to them. "We're gonna start with our next lesson! Are you excited?"

"No," they simultaneously responded. Agustine shook his head in the background.

"Well, Niven's excited and that's all that matters to me!" Vasili pointed out to the boy, eagerly nodded his head. "Anyways, today I plan on testing your strengths once again. This time, you'll be able to use any of your abilities since I'll be pairing the four of you up with a partner! Arien, you'll be with Agustine. Silas, go ahead and stand next to Mirren on the opposite end of the platform."

Following his instructions, the Wolves wordlessly stood next to their new partners. They didn't have the energy to bother with what Vasili was planning anymore and decided to just do it.