SIXTY-FIVE

Professor Budreau set down another stack of papers, fully graded. He leaned back against his chair and sighed, relieved he was finally finished with them.

The man didn't get much time for himself when his classroom doors swung open, revealing another teacher, beaming at him.

"It's time!" Mr. Abberline gushed at him. "Finally, after months of waiting!"

Professor Budreau gave him a pointed look. "If this is about my birthday, you'll have to wait another month."

"It's not that. This is the time when our students finally leave for break!" Mr. Abberline cheered and smacked a paper down in front of him. "You know what that means! It's time for you to choose what projects to hand out to my students before they leave!"

"You're supposed to be doing this yourself."

"You know I'm too lazy to do that."

"Fine, it's not like I also have projects to grade and hand out," the professor grumbled out and begrudgingly took the paper, looking through the list.

Mr. Abberline plopped himself down on the man's desks and swung his legs back and forth a little, happy to know he didn't have to be the one to choose. Professor Budreau hummed a little, raising a hand up to grasp the other's hand.

He looked up and said, "I think the fourth one is good."

"This one? Oh, I think it'll be pretty funny!"

"It's supposed to be educational, my love. It's not supposed to be funny," the man sighed and set the paper down. "I think it'll be difficult if your students do this by themselves. Why not partner them up?"

"That's a good idea! Though I'm not too sure on who I'll have to partner up," Mr. Abberline murmured out. "You know that Mirren's quite close to Niven, don't you? I think they'll be good together."

"Why not have Agustine and Niven together instead? He'd be too timid around the others and there's no telling what his Jinx will do."

"Mirren hardly interacts with the other as well and would probably charm me into changing partners," Mr. Abberline sighed at the possibility. "But you know, I think it might be better for Niven to partner up with someone else for this project."

Professor Budreau raised an eyebrow at the male's amused expression. "Who?"

~*~

"Oh, my God. I had no fucking idea you already had a kid, Niven. Look at you and Baby Daddy Silas!"

"Thanks," the angel dryly responded.

Niven nervously smiled as he clutched onto the baby, afraid of dropping him. "Yeah, this is our project, Noah."

This morning, Niven and the others were talking amongst themselves quietly just as Mr. Abberline strolled in with a happy grin. He stood in front of his desk and announced to the class of a large project he assigned to them.

Not a moment later, the man clapped his hands and several butlers entered the room, holding small babies in their arms. Mr. Abberline presented the babies to the class and declared that they'll be able to partner up with them.

The students instantly tried to refuse, stating how they weren't exactly meant to take care of kids, but their teacher didn't give them any time to voice out the rest of their complaints before stating that all of them would fail his class indefinitely if they didn't take up on this project.

Mirren hurriedly grasped onto Niven's hand, asking if he could partner up with the boy as Agustine nervously shuffled away once a butler drew close to him, carefully handing a baby over to the demon.