NINETY-ONE

Mirren acted normal after Remiah left.

The Wolves and Royals found themselves unable to comfort Mirren since they weren't too sure if the male wanted to talk about it, but they knew better than to bring it up and kept quiet.

Niven and a few of them did try to cheer Mirren up even if he insisted he was fine. Niven was a lot more careful in the coming days and weeks, clinging onto Mirren just to make sure he was okay which pleasantly surprised the male. He was grateful and silently thanked to whatever God was up there that he managed to snatch Niven's attention for a long time.

But that didn't mean he liked the attention of the others.

He continued to get smothered by the others despite him always saying that he disliked them right to their faces.

Agustine cautiously approached Mirren and wanted to see if he was okay as well. He figured showing off his rock collection would make the brunet happy and while Mirren was actually impressed by it, he'd rather spend his time with just Niven.

Silas' attitude toward the beastman wasn't as cold as before and he tried getting along with him, but Mirren straight up told him to knock it off. It somehow disgusted the brunet, but Silas saw that as some sort of challenge and made jokes and several puns which irked Mirren even more.

His alpha was the least annoying, but Mirren still didn't like him. He kept a watchful eye on the brunet and often accompanied Mirren on some days without making conversation. He knew Mirren well enough to remember he didn't like small talk. Arien's actions only reminded Mirren of what a stalker would've looked like so he actually grew more fearful than disgusted and had to watch out for Arien, always avoiding him when he could.

But the people he hated to be pitied on were the twins, mostly Levi.

They didn't pick on him like Mirren thought. They tried comforting him, though it was awkward and too tense.

Once, Levi went up to Mirren and gave him a firm clap on the shoulder which made the beastman grow confused until Levi said something.

"It's okay... my fathers and mother are dead and were horrible as well."

He said it with such a blank expression and bland tone that made Mirren scowl. Of course Levi would try to understand Mirren by comparing how awful their parents were.

It was at these times, Mirren suddenly realized he absolutely hated socializing and rather be in solitude with Niven.

Right now, that was what Mirren was focusing on. He was back at his dorm room with Niven, both under the covers of his bed sheets. He had an arm wrapped around the blonde's waist and held onto him tightly as they both slumbered.

Crescent and King were outside in the living room, meticulously cleaning everything up and preparing dinner for their owners. They finally came to the conclusion that Mirren and Niven were officially together a while ago and rejoiced in knowing that fact... yet King was slightly disturbed in knowing Niven had others partners as well.

The penguin absolutely disliked Simeon and Levi's familiars. They were always so rough with the penguin and never picked up their messes, so he favored the student council's familiars a lot better.

By the time dinner was ready, Mirren was the first one to wake up by the strong aroma protruding from the kitchen. He lazily sat right up and pressed his lips into a thin line, blankly staring at the wall.

He did this a few times after Remiah left the academy. Mirren didn't particularly have any thoughts, but he often wondered about the man and where he was at these days. If he was doing well or not, and sometimes he'd think if Remiah also thought about him as well.