TWELVE

Finally, the weekend arrived. Niven managed to complete all his homework and was now lazing about, completely satisfied with his time off.

But he did try to find Agustine several times, though he never saw a trace of the silent student. He figured he was probably holed up in his dorm which Mirren suggested, or locked himself up in the councilmen's building. Either way, he didn't look for him any further in case Agustine didn't want any company, but he did save some notes throughout Professor Budreau's class for Agustine.

Now, Niven played several games on his phone while King roamed throughout his dorm room, cleaning things up and preparing several desserts for Niven.

It was truly a good day for the blond, but then he received a call from his father.

The two of them didn't talk long, and it was mainly his father asking him questions about the academy and Niven's abilities. Niven kept quiet throughout the whole ordeal, only replying how he gained a familiar and still relied on only one power. His father hung up soon after, but not before telling Niven to try harder.

The call completely dimmed his mood, but he decided to distract himself by reading a few books to pass the time and slurped some noodles his familiar prepared. He planned on not leaving his dorm room for the whole day and wanted to spend some time with King if it weren't for the sudden knock on his door.

King was startled by the sound and immediately threw his top hat to the ground, sticking his wing in to grab a large taser. He was prepared to go greet the guests with it, but Niven hurriedly stuck the taser back inside the penguin's hat and quietly ushered him to go back into the kitchen.

When he opened the door, holding his bowl of noodles, he was confused as to why Mirren appeared at this time.

"Hey, baby! Sorry for barging in but we gotta go and see the alpha—are those noodles? Sweet," Mirren commented as he took the bowl of noodles away, grabbing Niven's fork and began to dig in himself.

Niven gasped a little in shock with a sudden urge to throw the male out of this building. "Those were mine!"

"Ours, baby," the brunet corrected. "I'll buy you something later, but we gotta go."

"Go where?"

"Uh, to see the mutt?" Mirren rose a brow and handed back the empty bowl. "Don't tell me you forgot about the meeting!"

Oh, now that Niven thought about it, the alpha did say they were having their first meeting together. The blond looked down at Mirren's attire, dressed casually in jeans and a large coat. Was it okay to wear that to the meeting?

"Um, let me grab a jacket real quick, g-give me a second." Niven slammed the door close before Mirren had the chance to say anything.

The boy turned away, intending to change into something more suitable to meet the alpha when he stopped short, facing King as the penguin held up another outfit.

Niven didn't say anything, taking the clothes from the ground and letting King snatch the empty bowl to clean. He figured these came from the top hat, so he wasn't worried about King making a mess through his closet. Even if he did, the penguin would just clean it up again.

"Thanks, King. I-I'll be back soon. Remember to lock the doors and don't let anyone in... especially Gabriel," Niven whispered the last part. The penguin honked back at the blond, already knowing what he meant. These days, Gabriel tends to pop out of nowhere, startling the two inside the dorm. King began to get annoyed with the blue haired man, sometimes grabbing pots and pans from his hat and banging them together in order to scare Gabriel off.