FIFTY-NINE

While Silas was happy enough to take care of Niven and ignore his pack mates throughout the days, the others had been struggling by themselves and envied the angel.

Silas was able to be around Niven almost everyday whenever he wasn't needed by Arien, who was still struggling to contain his bad luck. Nowadays, the alpha stays in his dorm room and tried to use Mirren as his substitute.

Unfortunately, the brunet was also suffering from Silas' ability. The day after he received Archangel Physiology, Mirren was under immense pain and locked himself up in his own dorm room with Crescent anxiously taking care of her master.

That night, Crescent watched in extreme fear as her master bled all over the floor due to wings sprouting out from his back. His bones cracked and had to reshape themselves, making room for the angel wings to grow, but they were covered in pieces of skin which broke off and crimson red blood. It didn't seem like Mirren was turning into an angel. It was horrifying to watch for the sylph.

When Silas and Niven heard the news, Niven wanted to rush over and see the brunet until Silas decided to go himself to help his pack mate. The angel had gone through it once without anyone being there for him since he was cursed, but he felt incredibly pitiful for Mirren and remembered what it was like for him.

Due to Mirren's inability of returning to the office and continuing Arien's work, Agustine was considered to take his place until the demon was overwhelmed by his senses. He couldn't go a minute without covering his ears, almost flinching from the highly irritating noises coming almost everywhere. He now had a unique way of scenting and also cupped his nose from time to time. He could vaguely feel emotions emanating from anyone just from their smell.

It was hard to adjust since Agustine also kept letting his primordial instincts overrun his mind. So the demon couldn't go anywhere but stay locked up in his room per usual, but now Agustine had the help of his familiar to keep him company.

But with all of his pack mates gone, Niven had to take Arien's place and became the Alpha of the Wolves.

It was exhausting for the boy. The wolf beastman had dozens of documents stacked up against each other along with daily reports about students who keep getting into fights and looking at other males serving detention. It seems like Arien had to decide what their punishments were though Niven didn't exactly know how to do his job like the beastman did. Not only that, but Niven had to go over the future tournaments and also plan large events which Arien usually took care of for the academy.

No wonder his alpha needed coffee. And he finally understood why Mirren hated taking over Arien's place from time to time.

Though everything wasn't as bad since Gabriel and Levi frequently came in Arien's office to help the blond out. The two of them didn't have much of a problem handling important matters and they usually let Niven deal with trivial things instead.

"So you're the alpha now, huh?" Noah Delgado commented in boredom as he sluggishly sat across from Niven in the cafeteria. "Well, what'd you need me for anyways?"

Niven gave him a worried look. "I'm scared of messing up. I can't exactly do everything myself and I don't know if I'm even doing it correctly like Arien."

It took Niven a long time before he finally controlled the way he spoke to others. He usually ended up testing his voice out on Gabriel and the man would have a hard time getting out of his daze, but the blond managed to completely stop using Absolute Charisma and was back to normal.

Noah snorted and played with his drink. "The hell said you had to be like Arien? No one's expecting you to be perfect at what he did. Just chill and do whatever, I guess."