FIVE

Niven was so stunned by the sudden declaration that he froze in his spot. Mirren took the chance and clamped his hands on the new student's shoulders, pulling him closer. He even secured his arm around the boy's waist.

"Since you're new, you should go out with me to see the academy. I know that one of the guards here have already shown you the place, but you could easily get lost since there's too many buildings to remember. What's your next class? I'll help you find it."

Mr. Abberline really thought Mirren would say something else! He gave a relieved sigh and smiled discreetly to Niven, who was still surprised.

Niven awkwardly pushed the charming male away and shook his head. "I'm fine. I-I remember where to go."

"Are you sure? I'm right here if you need me." Mirren's smile turned even more alluring than before and the flash of purple hue returned to his hair for only a second. Niven was compelled to nod until he strongly opposed... by quickly getting out of his way and walking into the halls with his head down.

Mirren stood, almost not believing that really just happened. Did a student really reject him? His warm eyes grew cold and he thought deeply to himself. Well, it would've been more peculiar if Niven did agree to his wish. After all, he wasn't like the rest of the students here. His uniform was white just like his, so his abilities must be special.

But he grew convinced that Niven didn't have any special abilities. He's heard rumors and even whispers of the teachers of how low-leveled Niven was. He didn't even use any abilities on the first day of school.

Mirren sighed. He was curious to figure out which family Niven belonged to and how he randomly decided to show up to this academy, he was so interested in trying to think of plans to persuade Niven that he eventually lost track of time on how long he stood in the classroom, not even noticing the other students walking in.

Abberline had to clap several times in Mirren ears to get his attention. "My lord, it is time for you to get to the next class. Are you alright?"

"Of course, my dearest teacher." Mirren's smile immediately brightened up as he turned to look at the older male. He purred, "I'll get going now. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Actually, I was hoping if you wouldn't come."

"What was that, sir?"

"Have a good rest of the day, my lord." Mr. Abberline laughed mirthfully to cover up his anxiety before shoving the boy out of the classroom.

He sighed to himself and fixed his tie. These boys... so bothersome. Especially if it's with Mirren and the rest of his group. He shuddered just thinking about them, they were vicious as wolves.

He wasn't the only one who thought of them like that. Niven was already scared of meeting Mirren face to face again. He should really watch out for that guy and avoid him if possible. But he was immensely relieved when he realized that Mirren wouldn't be in any of his other classes.

That is, until he walked into the next classroom and saw Mirren, propping his legs on the desk next to his from yesterday.

The male gave an adoring smile. "Hey, baby."

Niven didn't hesitate to turn around and walk out of the room before Professor Budreau slammed the door, staring down at his student. The man gave a displeased frown to Mirren.

"My lord, please put your feet down. It's not nap time."

"Will it be lunch time then?"

"It's class time," his professor bit out in a moody tone. The man turned to Niven and bowed slightly before murmuring, "Please take a seat, young master."