EIGHTY-FIVE

He felt a lot better after getting his ability back. It took him a while for his nausea to fully settle down, but Niven was able to breathe once he got adjusted.

Afterwards, he waited for Mirren to come out of Remiah's office. There were a lot of things running through his mind. He didn't exactly know how to bring up the fact Mirren forced those students out of the academy, but Niven figured it was something they needed to talk about since this technically all happened because of him.

Although he prepared himself mentally, he honestly didn't know what to say even though Mirren was now standing right in front of him.

They chose to talk in a private area. Specifically, the room where Niven used to sleep in during the day which was given by Remiah.

Mirren sniffed around the place. Everywhere had Niven's scent even if it was fading by the day.

"Remiah plans to get those students back in class," Mirren began. "Some of them have already chosen to stay at their own schools, but others are thinking of returning if that's what you wanted to talk about."

"It was, but I also wanted to talk about something else."

"Then you should probably keep it short, baby. My heat is coming back and I'd rather be in bed preparing for it."

Niven narrowed his eyes. Mirren was in heat again?

"Should I help you with that?"

The brunet snapped his head over, having to take a moment to realize what Niven offered.

"What did you say?"

"I helped you with your heat last time. I can help again-"

"I prefer if you don't touch me. I might... grab onto you. You wouldn't like it."

"It's what you did before," Niven pointed out. "I didn't mind that."

"It's different now. I don't think I want you near me at all."

Mirren didn't think he'd be the one to say these types of words to Niven. He felt himself flinch when he saw how confused the boy was, but Niven didn't mind how the beastman was acting. He had to remember Mirren was still guilty over what happened.

"I'm not mad about the incident, you know?"

Mirren's heart thumped faster. "You'd... have to be stupid not to be."

"The only thing I was angry about were those students you transferred away."

Niven sat down on the sofa with a bunch of pillows and blankets. He looked up at Mirren and patted the empty spot next to him. Mirren reluctantly sat down next to him, feeling himself grow a little more tense.

"What else have you done behind my back?" Niven asked. He looked directly at Mirren, not wanting the brunet to beat around the bush.

Mirren found it hard to keep eye contact. He murmured, "I did nothing else."

"Really?" It was a little hard to believe.

Reluctantly, Mirren added in, "I really didn't do anything else... other than changed some of our classmates' schedules to a different class."

Niven immediately recalled how strange it was to see less people in their classes. He might not have paid attention to them since he was always preoccupied with Agustine and Mirren, yet he couldn't help but notice how the numbers were slowly dwindling.

Seeing Niven turn speechless, Mirren inwardly cursed himself for actually admitting that. It wasn't as bad as the first confession, but it still wasn't good nonetheless.