THIRTY

Vasili guessed correctly the first time. Arien won. Agustine didn't even try like Mirren did.

The male was too much of a coward to try and take on Arien like before, so he opted out and purposely let himself get thrown off the platform. He landed perfectly fine, but Arien was honestly flabbergasted. The beastman huffed, irritated he even went down here when Agustine wouldn't even try to punch him.

When Arien walked over to Agustine sitting on the ground, trying to fix his mask, the alpha gave him a cold and disappointed look. Arien crossed his arms and gave an overwhelming aura, disregarding the fact his beta was already trembling on the floor.

He was so sick of him. Agustine has never properly tried to take him on for the past year. Why did he even bother to get down here? Arien spoke with a snarl, "Move it."

Agustine scrambled to get up, moving out of the beastman's way. But the alpha harshly bumped shoulders with the male, not even caring to bother with Agustine anymore. The quiet student looked back at his alpha, wanted to desperately apologize for wasting his time like he did before... but he was too scared and overwhelmed. Agustine shrank back, not noticing Silas giving his brother a heavy look.

What a disappointment, Silas thought to himself before focusing his attention to Niven, a little worried for the jackal masked student.

Vasili sighed, looking over at Niven who stuck with Silas. Mirren had to go over to the infirmary for Crescent since she was s suffering from the damage Bathsheba caused, begrudgingly leaving Niven in the care of Silas since he didn't trust Vasili at all.

Niven happily sat with the angel, who munched on a couple of sweet as he watched the blond play around with his familiar.

The snake, who looked so scary down in the platform, became all cute in front of the blond. Obadiah coiled himself around Niven's body, rubbing his head against the student's face. There was a bit of a blush across the snake's cheeks and his eyes widened, causing them to sparkle while hissing in happiness at Niven.

The blond gasped, "Silas! Silas, look! I didn't know snakes were so cute!"

The angel gave a disgusted look at his familiar. "Yeah... who would've known?" Obadiah has never looked like that in front of Silas before, so why the hell did his own familiar act that way toward Niven?

Obadiah looked back at Silas, his eyes turning into slits before haphazardly hissing at his master for interrupting. Silas sneered, "Little bastard..."

Niven cooed, "Aw! Look how adorable he is!"

Vasili cleared his throat, grabbing the students' attention. "Well! As usual, Arien is still head alpha. The next to ones to fight would be Silas and Agustine, care to step down?"

Agustine rapidly shook his head, not wanting to fight his little brother. He'd rather hurt himself than to do that. Silas scoffed, "It's not necessary. We already know the results. I'm fine with being Gamma."

"Oh? But Niven's here, haven't you noticed Agustine's Jinx working perfectly fine?" Their professor teased.

Arien, Silas, and Agustine whipped their head over to the blond, who suddenly flushed under the attention. Niven s-stuttered, "I-I'm not even doing anything..."

"You're doing something, dearest," Vasili remarked and leaned down to nudge Niven. Obadiah hissed. The professor gave a cruel grin to the snake and smacked it across the head. Silas and Niven jolted, but the man continued on, "But anyways! If you all are satisfied with your current positions then I suppose we'll stop the training... but do keep in mind if Agustine does have a sliver of control over his Jinx, we'll have to do another battle sooner or later for everyone's sake in the academy."