NINETEEN

He couldn't believe he just done that.

What the heck was Niven thinking? Verbally threatening the professor? He internally cringed and almost dropped to his knees as soon as he went out of the building. Niven didn't want to make an enemy out of the professor at all! What was going to happen tomorrow? Should he just skip? But then what about the Wolves' efforts into making Vasili accept their offer on helping Niven?

Niven couldn't think straight after that, still in denial that he actually did what he just done back at the classroom.

Even now, sitting down with Agustine for lunch, who was now fully healed, he couldn't concentrate until Agustine lifted a piece of food to Niven's mouth. Niven unconsciously took a bite, somewhat dying inside. He was too scared to face their professor tomorrow. What else should he do?

I haven't completely abandoned the idea of running away... The thought of leaving the academy suddenly popped up and that got him going for a moment. But then he took a look at Agustine, happily waving some of their combined food around before lifting it up for Niven to eat.

Niven completely closed the idea of leaving after that. He'd feel bad for leaving Agustine.

Not to mention the dozens of missed calls and texts from Mirren, Niven had no doubt that classmate of his would go on a rampant and drag his ass back inside the academy if he were to ever find out about Niven running away.

So when he arrived to Professor Budreau's class, holding onto Agustine's hand, Mirren was more than pissed to see the quiet male coming in the classroom.

"What the actual fuck is this, Niven?" Mirren gritted out, though he had a forceful smile on his face. "You ditched me for this guy? I mean... better than Silas so..."

Honestly, he didn't know what to expect from Niven anymore. If he was being really truthful, Mirren doesn't actually hate Agustine, he was just worried what would happen if Niven hung out with this guy. There were several times when Agustine and Mirren would try and get along, but it ended up with the brunet's glasses being broken or himself getting severe injuries.

"Mirren..." For a moment, Niven teared up a little, the thoughts of dying from Vasili's hands still pounding through his head. Agustine was more than shocked and slipped his hand away from Niven, patting the blond's back in an award attempt for comfort.

Startled, Mirren quickly took hold of the boy and looked all over him for any wounds. The previous irritation soon faded when Niven's face scrunched up in worry. "Baby, what's wrong?" Mirren hurriedly asked, "Are you hurting anywhere? Do you wanna skip? Let's skip, okay? We can head back to the dorms and take a nap together, or I can get your assignments for the day and-"

"Master Agustine? What are you doing back here so soon? Weren't you supposed to be gone for a couple of days?" Professor Budreau stood at the door, ready to summon a few spells just in case Agustine's Jinx acted up. "Young Master Niven, please head inside, it isn't safe."

"Actually, i-if you could let me explain for just a minute.."

Thus, Niven ended up having to spend several minutes explaining the strange circumstances he had with Agustine to Professor Budreau and Mirren. They seemed highly doubtful about letting Agustine inside of class because of yesterday's incident, and the other teachers were more than wary of letting Agustine inside the building at all.

But Niven quietly begged Mirren, desperately asking for his help. The brunet shouted immediately and although he tried refusing, his eyes swept over to Agustine's shaking form and he couldn't help but sigh.