THIRTY-FOUR

It was just as Arien had ordered. Niven went during his lunch break to the alpha's office, and he managed to avoid Simeon asking questions as to where the blond was going.

Niven had to make up a couple of excuses, forcing a smile on his face when Simeon tried prying once again. Eventually, the male gave up and let him be for a while before warning Niven about his meeting with the third Royal.

Though it was unfortunate Niven wasn't able to meet him the next day. According to Levi, the headmaster had assigned the transfer student several tasks that needed to be completed in a matter of days, so the two of them couldn't meet with each other.

Niven had to busy himself with Arien to pass the time instead, going to the student council building and doing whatever his alpha required him to do.

This was something Niven did for a few days. Even Silas came out unexpectedly, wanting to take a good look at Niven to see how he was doing. If the angel had to be honest, he was a little worried about the blond, but Niven seemed to be doing alright so he simply left him be after that.

Mirren and Agustine reverted back to their old routine, and the jaguar beastman voiced outrage his major concerns about leaving Niven alone in the student council building. The boy merely waved it off, saying he was fine and nothing was going to happen. Though he dreaded going every time since he couldn't exactly talk to Arien in a comfortable manner anymore.

So in Arien's office, it was odd and nerve wracking for the first few minutes since Niven awkwardly helped Arien just like before. The alpha didn't act like himself from that day, instead he hardly spoke to Niven and only did so whenever he really needed something. He barely ever did.

And Niven decided maybe it was for the best Arien didn't try to make up a conversation. He was still nervous since that day, and he didn't know what to expect from Arien anymore. He already knew his alpha had a harsher side, a bit of a superior complex when it came down to controlling the Wolves. Niven should've expected he was no special so it didn't really bother him as more time passed.

But that didn't mean he was still shocked about the dominant tone Arien had used against him to get Niven on his knees. The blond sometimes grasped his own sleeves anxiously at the memory, thinking how easy it was for Arien to do that again even though Niven was a Kingston.

Although the boy was afraid of the beastman, the more he stared at Arien, the more he noticed the male wincing away from his gaze. His alpha really wasn't in the mood to discuss anything with Niven, so he left Arien alone and did his work before heading back inside the academy.

But after their classes ended, Niven returned to Arien's office and continued helping the male go over a couple of more troublesome students. Of course, it still wasn't easy and there was a heavy atmosphere between them, so Niven didn't have the confidence to speak with Arien.

But he wouldn't have to worry about it for long, the beastman was the first to speak in a hushed tone, "I've got the rest handled. You're allowed to go."

"What are you talking about? There's still a couple of more we have to go through, and it'll take you a few more hours to finish. I can still help," Niven refused and reached over to grab the files from Arien's hands.

His alpha pulled them away quickly and shook his head. "Go ahead and leave early, puppy. I'm... starting to get a little irritated again." His finger anxiously tapped the desk. Niven glimpsed at them.

The boy furrowed a brow. "Haven't we discussed this already? You know I don't mind. I'll go ahead and open the windows again, and I'll bring some snacks in. You probably skipped lunch again, didn't you?"