TWENTY

Mirren did stay at Niven's dorm, bhut he left unexpectedly before Niven returned. King was furiously scribbling down on a piece of paper, stating how the brunet just randomly left without even tasting a bit of the food the penguin prepared. King angrily flapped his wings, honking at Niven.

Niven guessed the penguin wouldn't want Mirren to come by anymore.

Though he thought it was quite strange for the male to just leave like that. He did text the male several times, asking where he went and if he's coming back, but Mirren never responded after a while. Maybe Mirren had something else important to do? Well, no matter, Niven can always rearrange another time to invite the brunet over. He didn't mind it all and simply ate the dinner prepared by King.

After that, he noticed the sudden quietness in his dorm room. It was always like that, but after staying over at Mirren's last night, he found the silence to be a bit uncomfortable, even if King was there. So he distracted himself by getting the last of his homework done while occasionally answering some texts from his father. He was also a bit surprised to find his brothers messaging him as well, wanting to check up on the boy to see if he was doing well. Niven chose not to answer, knowing the brothers all too well. They'd be angry if they knew he was here in the academy.

But after he got everything done and finally changed into his pajamas, he lazed around on the couch as the TV kept running. The things he did from today, especially with Vasili, it really tired him out and how his whole body was sore after being handled by those seaweeds. Just remembering about Vasili made his head hurt.

Preparing to take a nap, he asked King for a blanket and watched the penguin take out a large one from his top hat to drape it over Niven's body. The blond gave a thankful smile to the penguin, quietly expressing his gratitude for the top hat as he turned over to sleep.

But then something dropped on him.

Well, Niven could sense a shift inside of the room. He quickly sat up, noticing a small black box popping out of nowhere and quickly fell. He instinctively placed his hands up to create a barrier, shielding his head, but King was faster. The penguin shot up from the ground and raised his arm back before slapping it against the box, watching it tumble down onto the floor and missing Niven's head by several inches.

Niven gaped. "S-Since when could you do that?"

King proudly placed his arms on his hips, giving a flamboyant pose to his master. Niven couldn't help but fix his gaze on the familiar for a while, wondering what else King could do without his top hat.

Carefully reaching down to pick up the box, Niven peeked inside to find the feather he gave to Gabriel with a small letter, a quick apology for forgetting to give the blond the weapon back.

"Right, this little thing here..." Niven picked the feather up, giving it a small observation. "Mr. Westworth did say it can turn to a weapon of my choice, I suppose I should start practicing in case a duel breaks out between the Royals and Decadri's students."

Punching the bottom of the feather as Remiah said, Niven wasn't as frightened as he thought he'd be when the feather enlarged and took on another form. It was a simple knife, a bit dull but that was only because he didn't really have such a creative imagination when it came to having his own weapon. Maybe he should ask Gabriel about it? Surely, Gabriel would have an idea or so.

He swung the blade around several times in boredom before abruptly dropping it to the floor. He glanced at King and muttered, "Wanna see if it's breakable?"

They spent the next hour or so trying to break the weapon.

Not much to the blond's amazement, he had a hunch feeling it wouldn't break so easily considering it came from the headmaster. King pulled out several contraptions and tried his best to even bend the weapon, but it all backfired and the knife almost impale the penguin if it weren't King's fast reflexes, quickly taking off his top hat to catch the knife. Niven wanted to check up on King to see if he actually got nicked by the dull blade, but he watched in confusion as the penguin shook his top hat up and down and threw it on the ground, furiously stomping on it several times before picking it back up.