TEN

Niven stared up at the large, dark doors right in front of him. He was currently debating whether or not to enter, or turn around and ignore the small meeting he had with the alpha of this academy.

Last night, he couldn't sleep at all which made King worry for the blond's health. Right after Niven woke up, King tried his best to help the blond relax by running a warm bath and cooking up a large portion of food for breakfast. The penguin quickly waddled around the house to and fro, making sure to keep an eye on Niven.

Although Niven was grateful for Kong's efforts, the penguin could tell the student was still troubled from yesterday. So before Niven walked out the door, King tried giving the blond a small taser which came from his top hat, but Niven quickly protested and gently shoved the taser back in the penguin's hat.

And he was very surprised to find just how much space there was in the top hat.

When he walked out of his dorm, he found Gabriel waiting outside for him. He explained to the young male about having a discussion with the head of the Wolves, so he came to fetch Niven to try and quell some of his worries.

It didn't really work. Even though Gabriel was by his side for moral support, the last bit of confidence Niven held onto was destroyed when he saw several of the academy's elite guards standing, waiting for them.

The Silver Guards wore dark suits with silver bands attached to their arms, showing the academy's logo on it. They stood imposingly to the two people approaching, but they relaxed when they saw Gabriel, though they had to stop Niven from entering first.

Gabriel quickly placed a hand on the guard's arm, preventing him from touching Niven. He gave a smile to the man before leaning in and whispering a few words. Niven couldn't hear what Gabriel was saying, but he watched as the guard's eyes suddenly dilated before shaking his head, muttering a small apology to the blond and then letting them through. The rest of the guards quickly followed haste, bowing as Niven walked passed them.

And now there they were, standing out in the hallway to see the alpha.

Gabriel places a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder. "Young master, he's ready to speak with you."

"But I'm not ready."

"Young master, it's alright! I'll be there with you the whole time," he replied with a thumbs up. Niven gave him a disdainful look. Niven didn't want Gabriel and his shit-eating watching over them.

"Mister Gabriel, I really want to go back."

"Don't worry about anything, the alpha isn't so scary." The blue haired man gave Niven another one of his stupid grins. "It's only small talk, you got this!"

A few of the guards nodded, following Gabriel's actions.

Niven looked at him with a displeasured frown. What the hell could he ever rely on this man for?

Ignoring their determined expressions, Niven went ahead and knocked on the door. He might as well get this over with and hopefully the alpha could see he wasn't cut out to be a part of the council. It'll be good if he returns the white uniform and get a regular one, or possibly go back home. He was hoping for more of the latter.

"Come in." Niven almost jumped from the rough tone. Unconsciously, he looked back at one of the guards, who kept on nodding for him to enter. Niven shook his head in disagreement.

They shoved him inside.

The blond almost fell forward to the ground, but he managed to catch himself just in time for the door to slam shut. He quickly looked back to see Gabriel, but he didn't see the man anywhere.